How can I get this guitar tone with the roland cube 15? I am having trouble find anything close or good
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Quote by Acoustnaut
How can I get this guitar tone with the roland cube 15? I am having trouble find anything close or good

cubes arent the best amps around, and wont really get you close to Josh Farro.
that being said, you can get yourself a OD pedal and try that? but even so its not gonna be all that great. might be time you head over to GG&A and look for new amp suggestions..
mojostompboxes.com
you wont.

a little practice amp simply will not produce the same sounds as (what sounds to be) a tube loaded stack of sorts. its just not possible for a single 8" speaker coupled with a very basic solid state amp to produce that kind of tone. that being said, a cube 15 is capable of some decent tones. try adding some bass and treble, cutting the mids and running the gain at about 2-3 o'clock and you ought to get a decent tone for power chording (i used to use an old cube 15)

other than that, its time to start saving up for a new amp...
An overdrive pedal won't work with a Roland Cube. At least, it won't do what it's supposed to do, it will just make you a little bit louder and add a tiny degree of signal clipping.

You won't really get Paramore's tone from a Cube 15x. Paramore's tone has always come from naturally driven valve amps (Orange for AWKIF album and tours, Mesa for Riot! album and Marshalls for Riot! tours and BNE album and tours). The Cube is solid state, it is simply entirely different when it comes to mid-gain, naturally driven tones.

As a starting point, AWKIF tone is EQ'd with full mids, average bass and only slightly above average treble, with just below medium gain. Riot! album tone uses dead medium gain (but bear in mind it was on a naturally higher-gain amp anyway), slightly scooped mids, fairly boosted bass and only slightly above average treble. Riot! tour tone was the same but with a little more gain and a little more mids. BNE tone uses slightly below medium gain, almost full mids, well above average bass and average treble. Since his amps are all valve, he gets a lot of poweramp distortion too since he has his volume controls quite high, even in the studio. This sounds different to preamp distortion (gain) and is something your Cube can't really do.
Bear in mind too that since Josh Farro tends to use quite middle-of-the-road EQ (especially in terms of gain), his guitar really makes a lot of impact on his tone. AWKIF was recorded almost entirely with a sold Gibson Les Paul, Riot! was recorded with a mixture of the LP and a Fender Telecaster Deluxe (solid) and BNE was recorded mostly with his Fender Custom Shop Thinline Deluxe (semi-hollow), though also with an early '60s Tele and a couple of Les Pauls. When he switches to his semi-hollow guitar it really emphasises the middle frequencies, while his Gibson Les Paul has significantly higher output and brighter pickups than his other guitars.

If I was trying to pull a Paramore tone out of a Cube, I would aim for their AWKIF tone, roll the mids right up, set the bass at about three quarters full and leave the treble dead-average. Set the distortion voicing to Overdrive and I'd start off with the gain knob just above halfway, then adjust depending on the guitar I was using.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
MrFibble you are some kind of amazing God.
thanks heaps!
I really wanted to figure our BNE and now i got it!
champion!

btw. i'm using an roland cube 80x. its pretty good. i usually set it on the fender or mesa amps.
For BNE tones from an 80x I would stick to the Classic Stack setting, if the tones of other Roland products are anything to go by. The British Combo setting might work better for their clean tones. Josh ditched the Mesas after the first half of the Riot! tour (although he still uses Mesa speaker cabs) and to the best of my knowledge he's never used any Fender amps on any recordings, although I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor did on the last album since his clean tones tend to be a tad brighter than Josh's.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
An overdrive pedal won't work with a Roland Cube. At least, it won't do what it's supposed to do, it will just make you a little bit louder and add a tiny degree of signal clipping.

Two examples of me playing through an overdrive into a Roland Cube:

- here's that "tiny degree" of signal clipping, lol (Maxon OOD-9 with drive at max. into the Brit Combo with gain at 5): "ITKOA" (backing track by Scuzzo on LPF)

- spicing up a fully clean tone (Maxon OOD-9 with drive at 9 o'clock into the Black Panel with gain at 5): "Lovin' Smoothly"

COSM modeling is not that bad.
Nope, those both sound pretty much as I said and you can very easily tell that you're playing through a solid state modelling amp.

Before you throw your usual misguided tantrum, you may want to note that, as it states in my profile, I own a Roland Cube 20 myself. I also own a Fender Super Champ XD (another modelling amp), I have an array of overdrive and distortion pedals and as people who are regulars on here will likely have spotted in the past, I'm quite keen to champion Line 6's range of modelling and solid state products, especially the HD147 head which I will soon be (happily) selling my all-valve Peavey head for.

Not just that but we're not talking about acquiring the tones of B.B. King (who himself has used solid state amps many times in the past) here. We're talking about Paramore, a rock group that uses exclusively (and very obviously) pure valve amps, driven considerably hard, both for recording and live. Not just that but you're talking to someone who spent over a grand making a guitar specifically for the sole purpose of replicating their tone. I know what I'm talking about.