Hey

I have a singing assingment coming up, and I'm finding it difficult to find songs I like within my range. I have a bass-baritone range, that is DEEP C (2 octaves below middle) to the F# above middle C.

So far, I've chosen "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak. It's quite comfortable to sing, but I need another CONTRASTING song. I was thinking of some Type O Negative, but the baritone guitars are a problem..

So! Can anyone make me some suggestions? I'd prefer something rock-ish but I'm open to any ideas as long as they contrast the song already mentioned

EDIT: Also, it's preferable that these suggestions are reasonably easy to play on guitar while singing
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Jun 10, 2010,
"On Every Street" by Dire Straits. Absolutely perfect for a deep voice.
Try 10,000 Days by Tool, or a song like Serenity or Voodoo by Godsmack.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Hey that's nearly exactly my range

Here's some;

Into My Arms - Nick Cave (or any Nick Cave song)
Flake - Jack Johnson (or any Jack)
Don't Forget Me - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Reagar
"On Every Street" by Dire Straits. Absolutely perfect for a deep voice.

Liking this, nice one!

Chaingarden=Any Doors song.

Another guy in the class is doing "Some People Are Strange" by The Doors, gonna have to skip that band

Wiegenlied=Try 10,000 Days by Tool, or a song like Serenity or Voodoo by Godsmack.

10,000 Days is too long, and I can't say I like Godsmack one bit vocally they were good suggestions though, thank you!

calebrocker=mozart's pretty contrasting.. try this.

That's my lower range for sure, but I'm no way good enough to pull that off

AlanHB=Hey that's nearly exactly my range

Here's some;

Into My Arms - Nick Cave (or any Nick Cave song)
Flake - Jack Johnson (or any Jack)
Don't Forget Me - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails

I very much liked the Nick Cave song, the Jack Johnson voice is too soft for me. My voice is more alike to Johnny Cash (I can easily sing any Cash, but I'm bored of doing so). Don't Forget Me doesn't sound within the bass range at all, neither does Hurt. It's late at night so I can't try though
Quote by SilverSpurs616

I very much liked the Nick Cave song, the Jack Johnson voice is too soft for me. My voice is more alike to Johnny Cash (I can easily sing any Cash, but I'm bored of doing so). Don't Forget Me doesn't sound within the bass range at all, neither does Hurt. It's late at night so I can't try though

They're all within your range through, possibly spare for some falsetto notes. Johnny Cash also does a cover of Hurt, if you were interested, but the original covers more range than the cover.

Of course there's also Mmmm Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies, if you're looking for something that's just really low.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I'd say just grab a song you like and traspose it down until it's comfortable within your range.
Figure out where the singers big belted notes are, usually this would be around the G/Ab/A above middle C and transpose that down until it matches your "money notes" or whatever, probably around the F/F# for you.
On The Other Side - the Strokes goes pretty low.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Mark Lanegan is also very low but I think he goes up to a G in the end. It might suit your range better if you transposed it down a full or a half step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9qAbxBt3M tough song though.
Pearl Jam and the Doors can be your friend. But if you want specific songs other than them.

Song To the Siren - Tim Buckley
China Girl - David Bowie
Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan
The Passenger - Iggy Pop
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who