Firstly, I know zero about bass guitars....secondly, I just play on my own as a hobby.

I own a couple of BC Rich guitars. I have a chance to buy a BC Warlock 4 string bass for $125.

-is this a decent axe for just noodling around on one's own?

-do I need a 'bass' amp or is a Fender guitar amp (100watt) ok?
(I also have a roland Cube, Vox, and other solid state 'guitar amps)

Thanks.
The low end B.C. Riches are not good. Get something else if you're not willing to spend over 500$.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Personally I would just go with an Ibanez GSR200. Get a dedicated bass amp to.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
1) You'd be better off with an Ibanez GSR200, a Squier, or a Peavey Millennium IMO. The low-end BC Rich's more about the aesthetics then general quality of the instrument.

2) Yes, you need a bass amp. If you play a bass through a guitar amp, even at low volumes, you will slowly destroy the speaker.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I would recomend a bass amp to save your guitar amps lifes. And the BC Riches (low end anyway) arent that great. i agree with tostitos on recomendations for better basses.
Quote by Tostitos
1) You'd be better off with an Ibanez GSR200, a Squier, or a Peavey Millennium IMO. The low-end BC Rich's more about the aesthetics then general quality of the instrument.

2) Yes, you need a bass amp. If you play a bass through a guitar amp, even at low volumes, you will slowly destroy the speaker.

This.

I have a BC Rich bass, and I think it plays just great, but it really isn't one of the low-end models. The low-end models really aren't that great in my opinion.
GEAR:
Musicman Sterling
Epiphone Flying V Bass
BC Rich Platinum Warlock Bass
Fender BG-31 MTB Acoustic/Electric Bass
Warwick Blue Cab 60 60W 1x12 Bass Combo Amp
I'm sort of biased because I don't really understand BC Rich basses at all; I think they look, sound, and play horrible (all models). Personal preference though.

Another bassist I know recently bought an Ibanez GSR200, which some others have mentioned in this thread. It's not a bad piece of kit for the money, I'd look at getting something like that, or maybe a Squier.

In terms of the amp, it shouldn't really make a lot of difference if you don't crank it up really loud. Bass shouldn't damage your speaker unless you play really loud, it just won't get conveyed very well. When I practice at home, I usually use a ragged old 15W guitar amp with a 7" speaker in, and the speaker's never had any trouble in the 2-3 years I've used it.
I have cheapest BC rich model, and its a big piece of shiat. lol
Its made of bad wood and also its pickups are sooo bad.

GET AN IBANEZ!! (or high end BC rich)
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Unless you go with Custom Shop, BC Rich is poor quality and craftmanship. Just looks and for the "metal" appearance.

But if Opeth has taught us anything is that you can use PRS and Fender and still sound amazing and brutal.
^Thats true, like Alexi Laiho said: ''Its all about the player''
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.