Hey guys, I have a Schecter C-1 plus. I've had it for about 6 months now and it's starting to act up. I'll be playing and the bridge pickup will just lose power. It still makes noise, but it's quiet and it just loses almost all power. It only happens on the bridge pickup. The pickups are both Duncan designed HB102's. Could this be a pickup problem? Or could It be something else?

Now for my second question:

I play many types of metal and some rock. I like metalcore, thrash, traditional heavy metal, etc. So I was considering replacing my stock pups with an EMG 81/85 combo.

The problem is that the tone knob on my guitar pulls out for coil splitting on my pickups. I've heard that you can't use EMGS on a coil-splitting tone knob. So how exactly would I go about doing this? Also do EMG 81s get decent cleans? I play a lot of metallica, so I need cleans as well as distortion.

Thanks for your time.
Im about 98 percent sure Kirk and James both use just 81's. I have an 81/85 set in my ltd V and I have to say its pretty impressive. I dont know how you could get around the coil splitting knob but there has to be a way to do it.
You can replace the pots with normal ones. Just make sure you remember what wires go where.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Your pots would have to be changed anyway as you have 500k pots and EMG's work w/ 25k. You can buy an EMG set complete with the pots.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500