Page 1 of 2
Hello, folks. I'm a bored 14 year old, with guitar skills and a quest to make money! Where can i busk?!

I live in a very suburban area btw. So, everyone drives.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I do not know what "busk" is, but It sounds like a stupid idea.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by JackWhite333
Hello, folks. I'm a bored 14 year old, with guitar skills and a quest to make money! Where can i busk?!

I live in a very suburban area btw.So, everyone drives.

Go sit in the middle of the busiest road in your area then. You may not get paid, but you'll definitely get noticed
love is love // return to dust
A park.

I live in a small sea-side town, so I don't really have that problem.

And by the way seeing as you are 14. Do you sing? Have you ever gone before?
Quote by JacobTheMe
A park.

I live in a small sea-side town, so I don't really have that problem.

And by the way seeing as you are 14. Do you sing? Have you ever gone before?

I can't sing well, but I do anyway for covers and such. I like to improvise lyrics when im playing improvised parts on my guitar. I can do that pretty well.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Wherever you go, remember to find out if you'll need a permit.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
your 14 open up a lemonade stand. or start serving.. alot easier than busking and youll get more money and recognition
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Sit in front of a grocery store, on a bench in the park, or another commonly traveled place. Play a blues progression, and some pentatonic scales, at least a little. Play some acoustic stuff, and don't go full-out metal.

If you can, bring along a friend, and do some improv stuff together. You'll have to split any profits you make, but you'll most likely make more this way.

Leave out a case open for random coins and such, and if you do this all summer, you should get a little bit of money.

I would do this, but my town is way to small to really do this effectively. I'd need to move to the city.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Sit in front of a grocery store, on a bench in the park, or another commonly traveled place. Play a blues progression, and some pentatonic scales, at least a little. Play some acoustic stuff, and don't go full-out metal.

If you can, bring along a friend, and do some improv stuff together. You'll have to split any profits you make, but you'll most likely make more this way.

Leave out a case open for random coins and such, and if you do this all summer, you should get a little bit of money.

I would do this, but my town is way to small to really do this effectively. I'd need to move to the city.

That's my plan. Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna bring my acoustic.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by Skagasm
your 14 open up a lemonade stand. or start serving.. alot easier than busking and youll get more money and recognition

He's 14, not 7...
I'M A COWBOY
I'd recommend playing all acoustic unless you KNOW for sure that you'll have a source to plug into. Check with whatever building/place you want to play at beforehand to see if they'lll share power.
Quote by JackWhite333
That's my plan. Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna bring my acoustic.

Cool, sounds good.

Hell, I may try it. It's not like I have anything better to do with my summer. If it goes good the first couple days, I may try it the rest of the summer.

Oh, and another tip: Constantly take some of the money out of the case when it begins to fill up. Leave a little in there, but make it look like you haven't gotten much all day.
Here in Canada the LCBO's (liquor store) are great places to busk. People often are in a good mood there, and have change.
There's a local market place that lets me busk. Also, another time I talked to a guy who owns a local music shop and he let me play outside his shop on weekends.
Quote by JacobTheMe
What songs are you playing TS?

A few Pink Floyd covers (Have A Cigar, Mother, etc.), Zeppelin (Celebration Day, Gallows Pole), Beatles (Drive My Car, I Want You [she's so heavy]), Bob Dylan (Tombstone Blues, Highway 61 Revisited), a LOT of improv, and original songs.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
A few Pink Floyd covers (Have A Cigar, Mother, etc.), Zeppelin (Celebration Day, Gallows Pole), Beatles (Drive My Car, I Want You [she's so heavy]), Bob Dylan (Tombstone Blues, Highway 61 Revisited), a LOT of improv, and original songs.

Okay. You might want to mix-up your playlist a bit though.

Try some Outkast, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, OneRepublic, Kings of Leon, etc.
Quote by JacobTheMe

>.<
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JacobTheMe

Acoustic reggae version of "no one" FTW!!!
Quote by MushroomBomb
You live in the Bahamas. That is so ****ing awesome!

Quote by SteveHouse
She is. I can tell you from personal experience.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S3Z1p9ZXOLY/SZl1U1Rr5gI/AAAAAAAAAAY/bOy3y-xWc5g/S220/Suspicious+Face.jpg[/img]
Outside of sports venues after the game.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by JackWhite333
>.<

You might not like it, but you aren't playing for yourself. And if you are then thats breaking the golden rule of performing.
Quote by JacobTheMe

this
do telephone by lady gaga
Quote by Iamtehvocalist

I also disagree with jacobtheme's rule of performing

I am guessing that you don't perform much then.

If you play music that the audience doesn't enjoy, then why are you performing? Music is part of the entertainment industry. The entertainment part comes from entertaining the audience. If you are just going to play for yourself then why don't you just stay home and play?

There is nothing worse than going to a show where the music is lame and everyone in the audience is just chatting away with each other instead of dancing.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I am guessing that you don't perform much then.

If you play music that the audience doesn't enjoy, then why are you performing? Music is part of the entertainment industry. The entertainment part comes from entertaining the audience. If you are just going to play for yourself then why don't you just stay home and play?

There is nothing worse than going to a show where the music is lame and everyone in the audience is just chatting away with each other instead of dancing.

you have a very good point but also you should enjoy what you play, also youd be supprised how many poeple enjoy pink floyd. i mean number 3 and 6 best selling albums of all time gotta count for something.

but you still have a very good point jacob. so ts take a song by a popular artist and make it your own. if your as good at improv as you say it should be a breeze and you also should learn to sing unless you have john butler esqe chops.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Don't you have a shopping centre/mall or a busy high street?

I see tons of buskers in leeds city centre cause of so many people shopping, btw - don't dress nice and shine up your guitar, it sounds wierd but people will think they could give to someone more needy. You don't need to have holes in your clothes but don't go out in your £90 jeans...

(I presumed your english due to the fact you said busk)

EDIT: Prepare for embarrassment.

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
Don't you have a shopping centre/mall or a busy high street?

I see tons of buskers in leeds city centre cause of so many people shopping, btw - don't dress nice and shine up your guitar, it sounds wierd but people will think they could give to someone more needy. You don't need to have holes in your clothes but don't go out in your £90 jeans...

(I presumed your english due to the fact you said busk)

EDIT: Prepare for embarrassment.

hold on...who buys £90 jeans? lol
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
My jeans cost £120 , they're nice though and I've probably worn them 100+ times so £1.20 isn't too bad :P

HELLO!

If you're looking for money, you definetly should play a few songs "of the moment", like Jacob said.

I disagree that it's a rule, tough. It depends on what you're looking for. When I perform, my goal is to have some fun while playing in front of other people, and I really don't care if they're enjoying it or not. Also, if you enjoy yourself enough, at least the crowd will have some sympathy for you.

Good luck, man
Quote by JackWhite333

If you ruined my nice sunny day in the park by playing a ****ing Bob Dylan song i would beat the crap out of, and no i wouldn't tip.
Quote by -Mantra-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9IchvpOPk

Play this, if the lyrics don't put you off.
I planned to learn it to have something to play at campfires and such, but I hated the lyrics.

i'd never actually heard the lyrics properly before with reworded lyrics that would be awesome.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Page 1 of 2