So I'm trying to play
E------------------------------------|
B--3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-|
G--0-----2-----2-----2-----0-----2-|
D--0-----2-----0-----2-----0-----2-|
A--x-----0-----2-----4------x-----0-|
E--3-------------------------3-------|

the bottom e string has no note on it, does that mean mute the string? or leave it open?
for example, how would you guys play/finger the first chord? i've tried playing x300x3 with ring finger on B string, middle finger on top E string, while using the same middle finger to mute the A string, is this correct? but how would i mute the bottom e?
Last edited by sincerelyydavid at Jun 10, 2010,
I mute with whatever finger is on the A string, or with my thumb. (The thumb will only feel comfortable if you have big hands like me). When you have a note on low E, but muted A string, I mute with the finger on the E string.

EDIT: If the note on the A string is just open A, then try using your thumb. If that gets to be very uncomfortable, then either finger the chords unnaturally, leaving your index finger free to mute it, or just pick with great precision making sure you never accidentally nick the E string. However the chord may lose some chunkiness
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by sincerelyydavid
So I'm trying to play
E------------------------------------|
B--3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-|
G--0-----2-----2-----2-----0-----2-|
D--0-----2-----0-----2-----0-----2-|
A--x-----0-----2-----4------x-----0-|
E--3-------------------------3-------|

the bottom e string has no note on it, does that mean mute the string? or leave it open?
for example, how would you guys play/finger the first chord? i've tried playing x300x3 with ring finger on B string, middle finger on top E string, while using the same middle finger to mute the A string, is this correct? but how would i mute the bottom e?

Wait, that description doesn't fit the chord you just showed at all.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
Wait, that description doesn't fit the chord you just showed at all.

really? i'm talking about the first chord.
what i'm asking is, how would you guys play/finger the first chord x300x3? what fingers would you use to mute the high e and the A string?
Last edited by sincerelyydavid at Jun 11, 2010,
You keep changing what the first chord is. Is it 3x003x as in the diagram, or x300x3 as in the text of your posts?
Well whatever finger your using to fret the low E would be the finger that mutes the A string and you would just avoid playing the high E
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
"You keep changing what the first chord is. Is it 3x003x as in the diagram, or x300x3 as in the text of your posts?"
whoops, i meant 3x003x as in the diagram. i thought it was x300x3 because i was going from high e to low E.

"Well whatever finger your using to fret the low E would be the finger that mutes the A string and you would just avoid playing the high E"
you mean avoid strumming that high e string? that seems impossible... i think it'd be better if there was a way to mute it, so i can still strum it without playing the note.
Quote by sincerelyydavid
you mean avoid strumming that high e string? that seems impossible... i think it'd be better if there was a way to mute it, so i can still strum it without playing the note.

You can mute it with the finger you use to fret the B string.