Poll: which guitar should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: which guitar should i get?
caparison orbit
9 20%
PRS custom 24 25th anniversary fire red burst
36 80%
Voters: 45.
which should i get

caparison orbit in black ($2000)

or

PRS custom 24 25th anniversary artist edition fire red burst ($3000)

the only thing that makes me think twice about the PRS is that it does not come with a floyd but the caparison don't sound as good as the PRS.
prs sound is everything and from my experience with prs (as little as it may be) these guitars are sick they play nice and their whammy system does stay in tune very well
the orbit man, i voted for the prs, but then i checked out the orbit and it looks kick ass
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
They are both great guitars. The Caparison is clearly a metal/shred guitar. The PRS is more versatile and will probably hold its value a lot better. I'd go with the PRS.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
They are both great guitars. The Caparison is clearly a metal/shred guitar. The PRS is more versatile and will probably hold its value a lot better. I'd go with the PRS.

actually caparisons hold it's value really good too, after all the quality of their instruments matches up to PRS.
Quote by archenemyfan
neither.

this

i don't like the TAT models they look like any other super strat. i am not paying caparison 2000+ dollars for a super strat while ibanez makes the world's best super strats for around 1500 dollars. also that finish is just plain ugly.
Last edited by ticklemeasian at Jun 11, 2010,
i would go for the prs. to be honest, it really bothers me to see headstock with the 4-2 tuning machine setup. like the ernie ball guitars. i just don't like it.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by ticklemeasian
i don't like the TAT models they look like any other super strat. i am not paying caparison 2000+ dollars for a super strat while ibanez makes the world's best super strats for around 1500 dollars. also that finish is just plain ugly.

alright I'll remove my post then..
I own Caps and an Artist package PRS. Definately go with the PRS. The Caps are great, but the PRS is more guitar in every way. The PRS WILL definately hold it's value much better as well as I have seen some Caps sell for well under what they should used lately. However an AP PRS is going to cost substantially more than an Orbit.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Last edited by yellowv at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by yellowv
I own Caps and an Artist package PRS. Definately go with the PRS. The Caps are great, but the PRS is more guitar in every way. The PRS WILL definately hold it's value much better as well as I have seen some Caps sell for well under what they should used lately. However an AP PRS is going to cost substantially more than an Orbit.

Gotta agree with this I love my Caparison but honestly the PRS I've played was just another step beyond the Caparison. Of course it depends on what you want since an Orbit and a Custom 24 are necessarily going to appeal to the same market so it's worth it to just try and give both a shot.
Quote by yellowv

it's just 1000 more really for a AP PRS

Caparison Angelus.
PRS-ish looks, Caparison make, and comes with a Schaller floating trem as well.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
yea artists aren't as much as people think. i've seen them go for $2000 used in great condition.

the only comparison i played was a different model. but i will say that it was a very well built guitar.

i like prs guitars, but i'd have to say pick the one you think best suits what you need.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by dead-fish

Caparison Angelus.

except it does not have the 11 top like the AP PRS has, and also does not have the quality of wood that PRS has. seriously, i've looked through alot of guitars and came down to the orbit and custom 24. next thing you know people will be telling me to get a schecter lol.....
The Orbit doesn't have the same PRS qualities either, yet you're considering it.

No Caparison has those qualities really, may as well go with the PRS. The Angelus seems like a good alternative, seeing as how you mentioned the big price tag on the PRS. Unless you want a different shape, it seems like the best choice.

If you want a different shape, then there's no point to this thread in the first place.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I'd go with the PRS all the way
You need to go and try them both out, but I think the PRS is a much better guitar in terms of quality, sound etc
Quote by dead-fish
The Orbit doesn't have the same PRS qualities either, yet you're considering it.

No Caparison has those qualities really, may as well go with the PRS. The Angelus seems like a good alternative, seeing as how you mentioned the big price tag on the PRS. Unless you want a different shape, it seems like the best choice.

If you want a different shape, then there's no point to this thread in the first place.

well i made this to help me pick between the 2 guitars i like and i'm going to buy 1 in the next few weeks. and that is the orbit and the custom 24 AP. never once did i say someone recommend me a guitar or i would like something a mix of both.
I'd go with the PRS. To me, quality plays a big role when I'm looking for a guitar and the PRS would piss all over the Caparison, but then what would you expect for an extra $1000? But if not having a floyd bothers you so much then there's really no point in getting the PRS.
Quote by dead-fish

Caparison Angelus.

That's a Schaller hard tail bridge...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
That's a Schaller hard tail bridge...

they do make one with floyds though, it's just that i don't like the guitar.