hey UG, im just wondering, right now i just use the stock distortion that is built into my amp, and so far ive been pretty content with it. However, my band is going into the studio soon and i really want to get every sound just the way i want. Im looking for a late sixties, early seventies distortion sound, sort of early stones, and thats not gonna happen with the distortion i have.

Anyway, im wondering what sort of pedal (no budget for a new tube head atm) should i get in order to get a sound like early Alice Cooper Group/ Aerosmith/ Rolling stones? Some friends have told me a good overdrive pedal, rather than a distortion pedal... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
For classic rock tones, I definitely prefer a good overdrive pedal over a distortion pedal. I have the route 66 overdrive/compression by visual sounds. I love it, and can get some great tones out of it, and I believe they make a straight OD pedal for around $100.
RAINBOW SIG!
Quote by Darkflame
what amp do you have? if it doesn't sound good, you should borrow/rent another one for the studio time, it's going to be worth it...

i have a B52 LG200-AS and i couldnt be happier with it, surprisingly enough. i tried everything and its deffinately capable of whatever sounds i need it for. just needed a different distortion on it.

Quote by tibblesworth
For classic rock tones, I definitely prefer a good overdrive pedal over a distortion pedal. I have the route 66 overdrive/compression by visual sounds. I love it, and can get some great tones out of it, and I believe they make a straight OD pedal for around $100.

thanks ill have to look into that!
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
It really depends on what your budget is just go into the store and mess around with a bunch of pedals