I am planning on building an electric guitar but I can't seem to find a good diagram.
It is slightly non traditional (which I am doing only because I can)

• H-S-H
  • 1 Volume Knob (master)
  • 2 Tone Knobs
  • I am not wed to the single volume knob or the two tone knobs, it is just what I think would give me good control yet not insanely difficult to build.
  • 3 On/Off Toggle Switches, 1 for each pickup
  • Kill Switch

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3s_1v_2t_3on-offswitches

That is what I've found, but I would need to change the two outside pickups to humbuckers, how would I go about doing this?

Adding the kill switch is easy if I use a master volume knob, so thats another reason for that.

Thank you.
Last edited by purple37 at Jun 11, 2010,
the diagram would be the same just replace the single coils with humbuckers
each humbucker should have one lead and one ground
alright, i just wasnt sure if there was anything special going on with the humbuckers
Quote by supersac
the diagram would be the same just replace the single coils with humbuckers
each humbucker should have one lead and one ground

Depends on the humbucker. Some will only have two leads, in which case just wire it up exactly how the diagram says. But some will have more wires to allow you to coil tap. It should say on the packaging which wire does what. Alternatively just check here. But generally you will have one hot wire, two grounds and two "coil tap" wires which are usually taped together. Using SDs wiring, the black wire replaces the grey wire from your diagram. The green and bare wire are both soldered to ground. The other two are soldered together and left taped up. You dont need to mess with the two soldered wires unless you want to add coil taps and stuff.
Hope this helps!

EDIT: Generally quite a lot of stock humbuckers are only two-wire, so just wire them up as normal. If you are buying new humbuckers then most will be four-wire ones.
Last edited by minnis at Jun 11, 2010,