Lol.

First thread said guitar hero...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
150 buttons
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
ITT: people are going to bitch about people who are "guitar posers"

I think it's cool. I have no problem at all with any of the GH/Rock Band games. If they're going to stat incorporating real guitar, that's cool.Even more kids will start learning guitar because of these games, and now they can do it while playing.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
lol this is going to fail terribly. i guarantee people will pick this up, say this is too hard and then return it.

heres another thought, what happens when someones little brother breaks one of the strings?
Quote by JayT44

I think it's cool. I have no problem at all with any of the GH/Rock Band games. If they're going to stat incorporating real guitar, that's cool.Even more kids will start learning guitar because of these games, and now they can do it while playing.

I love rock band.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by JayT44

This post... This is why I like you.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by JayT44

This. Of course, some people are going to annoy me with this, but that doesn't make the idea itself bad.
Quote by LexDrex
Finally nerds will be able to play the guitar

Most of the nerds at my school already know how to play guitar.
I wonder how wide the track will be hahaha thats insanely stupid
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I really hope this works with real guitars so I don't have to buy anymore plastic instruments.
That does look cool though. Will definitely buy.
Quote by GODhimself37

What if they show guitar tabs?

Edit: Or notation so kids could also learn to read music.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by LexDrex
Finally nerds will be able to play the guitar

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by GODhimself37

I'm not sure how that aspect is going to work...

If this works, then hey. I might give it a try. Maybe this will be the thing that breaks me out of my "slump". I don't often anymore, maybe this will change that. Who knows. Maybe it'll do the same for others who are in a similar situation.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by slipknot5678
What if they show guitar tabs?

Edit: Or notation so kids could also learn to read musci.

Both would be great. Make it to where you can change it in the options mode.

My only compliant with Rock Band and Guitar Hero currently is the drum sets. They need to put the hi-hat in the right place sometime.
I was playing guitar for a few years before GH came out.

I love the games and what they've turned myself and friends onto, and I hate people saying it's the end of real musicianship. If a kid gets this and does everything right on "pro mode"(Which is probably watered-down since otherwise it'll overwhelm most players at first), and has the strat, which, as it's a Squier and a cheap one at that in all likely cases, what do you think he'll want next?

The real thing. The guitar his in-game self has. He'll go out and he'll get a strat or a tele, then get a Fender amp probably since tehy're also the amps you use, and he'll start playing actual guitar and actually playing music instead of just lipsyncing to that week's #1 single. I've seen it happen with a plastic, five-button guitar, I'm confident a real guitar as a controller will make it happen.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I actually enjoy the guitar hero games (DJ hero... less... because I can't scratch on a fake turntable either...) and I think they're great. I know at least some part of the reason I listen to the music I do is because I got into it through guitar hero. Now that they can actually teach the real parts, 2 things will happen: 1. The game will actually get easier for me (assuming I already know the songs), and 2. People will learn guitar without even knowing it... assuming they drop the cash for the controller.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Dude. Awesome.

I don't even care about the guitar controllers. I'm more excited about the drum peripheral. I can play real guitar; I don't need more realistic guitar controllers. I want more realistic drums because I suck at those.
If this comes out, I'm actually going to get it. Not usually a big fan of these games but this seems like it could actually be cool.