Anyone used Guitar Rig before?

I just got it and man I really wish I would have never bought my amp and electric tuner. I am really being serious, it is the cleanest sound I have, and I can practically any song do to its collection of amps and components.
Its good for practicing and such, and definitely cheaper than buying a real amp, but try it next to one of the real amps it models and there is no comparison, the real thing will blow the models away.
Quote by littlephil
Its good for practicing and such, and definitely cheaper than buying a real amp, but try it next to one of the real amps it models and there is no comparison, the real thing will blow the models away.

this.

I mean, I have it, I use it to play around a bit as a VSTi in FL Studio, but when recording I still use my own amp/effects/etc. I always thought that was the great thing about guitar playing. Using that special amp that you own, getting that perfect tone suited for your playing style/voice. With GR, it's kinda just all out there in the open.
I like GR for the sound of the amp models. It gets pretty close to some of the amps out there, but it really lacks the dynamics and feel of a real amp.

The best way to describe it is that you get the sound, but you don't get the character of the amp.

Given that tone and character both contribute to your final tone, what you get with GR then is something like being on a vegetarian diet. You'll feel full, but never really satisfied.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.