Page 1 of 2
one day.
but how? i honestly cant be the only curious UG'er out there.. so how do you guys think this planet we call earth, or the whole universe for that matter, is gonna come to an end?
if i had to guess, i would say some sort of freak natural disaster. another ice age or something.
but im rooting for a zombie holocaust

what do you guys think?
Nothing as fragile as nature lasts forever. How it ends and when, that's the interesting part.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Our galaxy is on a course to colliding with another one so I think that's how Earth will meet his end. But don't worry, by the time that happens humanity will already be long gone.
I'M A COWBOY
If anyone says 'zombie apocalypse' i'm going to beat them half to death. Twice.
PM me for newts
You know what would be really funny, if all our theories about the universe are wrong, and in fact the world nor the universe ever ends or runs out of energy. I'd be laughing in my urn if that happened.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
zombie apocalypse
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
The sun will slowly grow and envelop our planet...

Either that or we'll destroy the planet long before that.

Im going to go with the latter.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
I think Earth will end when the sun enters its next phase and gets really massive, sucking the Earth in and smushing it
Quote by ShallowEndings
Asteroid hits Earth>Kills everyone due to massive explosion and worldwide floods>No more people.

I'm pretty scared, it's only 50 million years away.

It's about the end of the world, not the end of humanity. Not that anyone would give one f*ck about this planet when there's no humans on it.
I'M A COWBOY
who cares, we won't be around to see it.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by necrosis1193
Nothing as fragile as nature lasts forever. How it ends and when, that's the interesting part.

lol f u
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by loaded_
Our galaxy is on a course to colliding with another one so I think that's how Earth will meet his end. But don't worry, by the time that happens humanity will already be long gone.

Sexist.
Quote by Afroboy267
[something about NiL having an std]

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Funny you should say that, when I contracted gonorrhea, I peed almost a mist when I woke up that morning. That's actually how I noticed something was wrong.
Quote by GoodnightHero
one day.
but how? i honestly cant be the only curious UG'er out there.. so how do you guys think this planet we call earth, or the whole universe for that matter, is gonna come to an end?
if i had to guess, i would say some sort of freak natural disaster. another ice age or something.

what do you guys think?

What you mean by "end" is actually the end of the human race and nature as we know it. But the planet still has well over 5 billion years to go before it is eventually destroyed by the Sun, when it turns into a Red Giant and the resulting tidal forces tear the Earth apart.

Regarding the end of the Universe, there are several theories but I like this one (although it is frightening just to think about it):

The Big Freeze is a scenario under which continued expansion results in a universe that asymptotically approaches absolute zero temperature. It could, in the absence of dark energy, occur only under a flat or hyperbolic geometry. With a positive cosmological constant, it could also occur in a closed universe. This scenario is currently the most commonly accepted theory within the scientific community. A related scenario is Heat death, which states that the universe goes to a state of maximum entropy in which everything is evenly distributed, and there are no gradients — which are needed to sustain information processing, one form of which is life. The Heat Death scenario is compatible with any of the three spatial models, but requires that the universe reach an eventual temperature minimum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_fate_of_the_universe
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Incident Gamma ray burst from a nearby supernova due to go off in the next 1000 years, totally serilising the planet, and wiping all life out.
"I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school."
-- Jimmy Page
Quote by necrosis1193

How do you figure that nature is fragile?

On topic:

Quote by Starscr3am
Sexist.

literary rule states that when the sex of an individual cannot be determined, you are to refer to it as male.

Quote by seemeel
who cares, we won't be around to see it.

umm, i care..
Quote by Starscr3am
Sexist.

I will not deny that.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by Firenze
How do you figure that nature is fragile?

Because a mere creature like a human can destroy it in the course of only a few hundreds of years? And a hundred years are like milliseconds in the entire course of earth's existence.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by GoodnightHero
when the sex of an individual cannot be determined, you are to refer to it as male.

Sexist.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by GoodnightHero
haha, i just defended your ass way to ruin all my hard work

Ok, I will not be a sexist because you were nice to me.
I'M A COWBOY
Mountain cancer.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by loaded_
Because a mere creature like a human can destroy it in the course of only a few hundreds of years? And a hundred years are like milliseconds in the entire course of earth's existence.

We can't destroy nature, unless we destroy the entire planet. If we are the cause of our own downfall via global warming or whatever, then

1) we deserve it

and

2) nature will just correct itself once we're all dead.

It's actually probably the most resilient force to be reckoned with.
Quote by StewieSwan
If anyone says 'zombie apocalypse' i'm going to beat them half to death. Twice.

Just so you know.....they would still be 1/4 alive...
Quote by Firenze
We can't destroy nature, unless we destroy the entire planet. If we are the cause of our own downfall via global warming or whatever, then

1) we deserve it

and

2) nature will just correct itself once we're all dead.

It's actually probably the most resilient force to be reckoned with.

hmm ok ..

1) That argument was actually besides the question.

2) Earth could turn in one big desert like Mars.
I'M A COWBOY
I plan on using my particle collider to open up a black hole...

I'm gonna need something...about 5 trillion times more powerful than the Hadron...but...if I get the entire world to shut off electricity for...20 minutes...I think I can **** the universe..and myself in the ass...at least once we get squished together in that...tight...hole...bring the KY...Daddy feels like play time...

Seriously, I don't have any ideas on it...the Big Crunch sounds...viable...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I was making a point that we would deserve it, and it most likely wouldn't. Mars is a desert because there is no longer water on that planet. I won't tell you that humans couldn't manage to pull something like that off, because they are really stupid, but it's unlikely.

Hell, we can't even give the ozone layer a chance to rebuild itself, we are that irresponsible.
Quote by Firenze
I was making a point that we would deserve it, and it most likely wouldn't. Mars is a desert because there is no longer water on that planet. I won't tell you that humans couldn't manage to pull something like that off, because they are really stupid, but it's unlikely.

Hell, we can't even give the ozone layer a chance to rebuild itself, we are that irresponsible.

There is actually water on Mars. It's just not liquid water because of the temperature.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by GoodnightHero
one day.

what do you guys think?

We're in an ice-age...
In all seriousness, yes the world will end. The same way an infinite number of galaxies and stars and planets have already done.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by loaded_
There is actually water on Mars. It's just not liquid water because of the temperature.

It's not exactly because of the temperature since it used to have running water, but that's besides the point. A desert is a desert is a desert.
Slowly overtime. Probably long after intelligent life becomes extinct. The process will be sped up years because of us, humans. Probably many factors will take place in Earth's demise.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Page 1 of 2