Poll: Which Cover Did You Like Best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Cover Did You Like Best?
Random3: Steve Vai - Bad Horsie
27 31%
T.s.e: John Petrucci - Glasgow Kiss
4 5%
The Kush: Dream Theater - Innocence Faded
10 11%
ChucklesMginty: Between The Buried and Me-The Decade of Statues
47 53%
Voters: 88.
Page 1 of 2
Go Chuckles! Go!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Chuckles fo sho
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Am I the only one who actually couldn't tell what Chuckles was playing half the time? The guitar sounds were awful.
hello
Quote by opc100
Am I the only one who actually couldn't tell what Chuckles was playing half the time? The guitar sounds were awful.

He had the 2nd best tone out of all 4 IMO. Kush was first.
Bad Horsie was the best for me. The DT and BTBAM songs were both well played, but the Vai guy just had the feel of it down.
Up The Boro!
Quote by littlephil
He had the 2nd best tone out of all 4 IMO. Kush was first.

Taking recording quality into account it was absolutely the worst for me.
hello
I voted chuckles just cause it was btbam.
But really, it was really well played, the tone sucked tho.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

I voted Kush, because I think he deserves second place yet this way of voting is kind of a 1st only kind of thing.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Edit: Kush should totally be winning, his tone and technique blows mine out of the water.

Seriously? Wow, I'm flattered. But I'm watching your vid now, and you're doing a damn awesome job.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah seriously, your tone is fantastic!

You might be surprised to hear that I'm using a Line 6 Spider III.
Quote by The Kush
You might be surprised to hear that I'm using a Line 6 Spider III.

This is amazing.
hello
it was a close one for me between chuckles and kush. gave my vote to chuckles though
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Ah sh*t.

I now have to take back every bad thing I've said about Spiders.

I'm not using amp distortion though, I ****ing hate the amp distortion. I'm using a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. And yeah, it's not sounding too bad, but I'd still way rather have a nice JCM or something.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You're using a Boss MT-2 into a Spider and you have tone as smooth as that.

I have to sort out my guitar sounds.

I think the guitar helps a lot, my Schecter C7FR sounds a lot smoother and "creamier" (for lack of a better word) than all my other guitars.
I just can't vote for chuckles because the song is absolutely dreadful IMO.

Bad horsie is a great song and he did it well so that's my vote!
Quote by The Kush
I think the guitar helps a lot, my Schecter C7FR sounds a lot smoother and "creamier" (for lack of a better word) than all my other guitars.

I love a creamy guitar
hello
Pertaining to Chuckles, the song is terrible, but I still thought he did a very good job playing it. Except for the picking part/acoustic break later on, (It's ok, it was pretty difficult )

My vote goes to kush, good job to all of you guys

Also, if someone wants to give Mother Man a whirl for the next comp, that'd be ace.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jun 12, 2010,
Kush.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
May I ask for some constructive feedback?

I was also about to say, I'd also appreciate feedback and constructive criticism from anyone who's willing to give it.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
May I ask for some constructive feedback?

I don't know if it was my speakers, but the top strings sounded muted, and there was a bit of fuzz when moving your fingers around. After listening to the song itself and comparing, it's only a slight error on your end, and if you just spent like, 10 minutes or so getting your fingers moving around and perfecting it, I think it'd sound ace.
Chuckles, you get my vote. Oh, and I personally preferred his tone too. DI box FTW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by The Kush
I was also about to say, I'd also appreciate feedback and constructive criticism from anyone who's willing to give it.

The intonation of your bends was maybe slightly off in places, and also the speed of the bends sounded slightly stange in places. I'm just nitpicking though, really in no position to criticise as you're a hell of a lot better than me.
Up The Boro!
Quote by Oddsbodkins
The intonation of your bends was maybe slightly off in places, and also the speed of the bends sounded slightly stange in places. I'm just nitpicking though, really in no position to criticise as you're a hell of a lot better than me.

Yeah, I agree about the bends, I need to work on that. Thanks!
Good job on your cover of the relevance itself, Chucklesmginty!
The Kosh did great too, but I wanted the full shizz of it, instead of just an extract..
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I voted for Random3 because I thought it was awesome, even if some parts were improvised (as it said in the video description) it still sounded great. Chuckles' cover was awesome...in fact all of them were awesome but Random3 and Chuckles' were my favourite. The Kush's cover was great too but it would have been nice to have the whole thing. My only problem with T.s.e's cover was the intonation of the bends, but Glasgow Kiss isn't easy so...

Congrats to everyone for doing a great job!
Page 1 of 2