Hey guys so i was lookin for a 7 string guitar to buy in the future(hopefully soon) and i came across this interesting guitar by esp ltd.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-MH-417-7-String-Electric-Guitar-584496-i1503630.gc

I have no idea if its out already or not yet, i was just wonderin what people thought about it. It seems cool, let me know what you think. thanks everyone b4 hand!!!!
Trivium Rocks!!!
That sounds really nice, except for the active EMG pickups (I'm just personally just not a big fan of them). It'd be crazy with some Blackouts, I think..
yea it looks nice, and im a huge active emg fan, so hehe humpy time...well maybe
Trivium Rocks!!!
i think this is a really good guitar. i personally love the emgs. go and get it
i know, i think esp went crazy and decided to make an affordable 7 sttring guitar with actives on it.
Trivium Rocks!!!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
That sounds really nice, except for the active EMG pickups (I'm just personally just not a big fan of them). It'd be crazy with some Blackouts, I think..
It would be easier to swap in EMG X-series. Same concept as SD Blackouts but their output is much closer to the original EMG active pickups and they fit previous EMG systems perfectly, whereas Blackouts can throw a bit of a fit with certain iterations of the old connection systems.

Anyhoo. I've tried the MH-417, really nice guitar. I would have bought one except whenever I think of playing a seven string I always think of a Mayones, and I can't bring myself to buy something that will "make do", I'm more of a save-up-and-buy-the-real-thing person. Plus I really wish it wasn't satin black, I'm fed up of every seven string guitar and most other super-Strats being black. What's wrong with green? Or blue? Or yellow?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Oh so you actually tried it out. How did it play and sound?
Trivium Rocks!!!
Sustain could have been better and the neck pickup was a touch on the muddy side, but those would be my only real compliants. I'm also not a fan of the control layout (master tones can **** off) but that could just be me. I can't remember there being any problems with the inish or construction of the guitar, or if there were then they were too minor for me to remember. It was a tiny touch on the neck-heavy side, but that's to be expected with seven strings; the only seven I've tried which hasn't been neck heavy is the ESP NT-7 and that's only because that has a weirdly thin neck with uncomfortably close string spacing. The MH-417 has a much more regular string spacing, like any six string ESP. The neck feels a bit flatter than six string ESPs but even I could cope with it, and I normally hate flat necks.
The thing that really struck me was how clear the low B string was, though it could be that I'm more used to hearing seven strings with passive pickups.

I can't say it was flawless, but certainly it's the best sub-£1000 seven string I've found. I would have bought it if I didn't have such a raging hard-on for Mayones seven strings.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
hey thanks for the review of the guitar it helped man.
Trivium Rocks!!!