I searchbarred and nothing.

http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news10121.html

When i first saw it, I thought it was pretty ****ed up, until I read the article now I seem a bit ambivalent towards it. Growing up in the west with nice things like a large house and quite a few nice things, I have no idea what it's like to be that poor and have to resort to things like that. On the other hand, what would you have done if you were in the father's place?

Thoughts?
hue
I think that's really messed up.. I don't see why he really had to PADLOCK his TWO YEAR OLD SON with a chain to a freakin' lamp post.

Gotta do whatcha gotta do.. I guess..?
No other family around to watch the kid?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
What's wrong with that? I do that to my girlfriend in the kitchen.
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
You are aware that "Engrish" is a Japanese thing, and isn't some sort of denomination for all Asians, right?

On topic:

Heartbreaking.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I don't think it's cruel

The father just had his daughter snatched away from him, and only earns 4.50 a day. What the hell is he supposed to do?

Also, the article doesn't say why his wife can't watch the kid
I'm on the father's side in this one. Child-snatching is a very real problem in China, and he's only doing what he can in order to keep his child secure, and avoid losing even more of his family, and he obviously haven't got any other options, mostly thanks to the Chinese government. I can't imagine how horrible it must be to lose your child like that.

As I also grew up in the West, in one of the richest and safest country even, and also one of the richest and safest regions of the country, I cannot really imagine how this type of poverty must be.

Edit:
Quote by CoreysMonster
I don't think it's cruel The father just had his daughter snatched away from him, and only earns 4.50 a day. What the hell is he supposed to do? Also, the article doesn't say why his wife can't watch the kid

The article states that the wife was disabled (and making money picking up thrash at the roadside). The move she must have forgotten when someone used Disable on her must have been "Child Caring" (10PP, learned at lvl 20).
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Last edited by jeppelapp at Jun 11, 2010,
desperate situations call for desperate measurements.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Firenze
You are aware that "Engrish" is a Japanese thing, and isn't some sort of denomination for all Asians, right?

If you can identify which of these three is japanese/korean/chinese then i'll give that to you.
hue
^first is japanese, second is chinese, last is korean.

Quote by the bartender
^first is japanese, second is chinese, last is korean.

lol nope
hue
that's what they look like . it's all inbred anyways.

EDIT: the first pic is a mongolian...

you be trolling

Last edited by the bartender at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by sock_demon
lol nope

First is chinese, then japanese and finally korean
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
The middle guy is obviously an American, I mean, his chair does say "State of Texas"

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Since we're differentiating between Asians...

Differentiate.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

^Ain't they all terrorists?

But seriously:
1. Iran
2. Dubai
3. Pakistan

Quote by In The Mist
Quote by CoreysMonster
Also, the article doesn't say why his wife can't watch the kid

Well, she is too busy in the kitchen, where she belongs. DUH!
Derailed thread is derailed..
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by sock_demon

If you can identify which of these three is japanese/korean/chinese then i'll give that to you.

Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Last edited by Firenze at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by jeppelapp
^Ain't they all terrorists?

But seriously:
1. Iran
2. Dubai
3. Pakistan

No.

Pakistani
Bangladeshi
Indian
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by shattamakar
No.

Pakistani
Bangladeshi
Indian

What?! I thought the first guy was Indian for sure...thought the middle guy was Sri Lankan and the last guy was from Bangladesh.
See, but that first picture is just so Indian. That guy's hair is rockin' and he knows it
Yeah, who cares about that little kid being dragged around with massive chains.
We have bigger problems to solve, like which of these Asian guys are chinese/korean/japanese etc.
Last edited by -Mantra- at Jun 11, 2010,
Back to the OP- Chinese law and regulations are to blame here. In the article I read, the father was from another province, ensuring he couldn't get any extra money. He also couldn't afford the childcare fees- education in China is fee-based, and although that number is decreasing with China's rise in the economy, many people can't afford school or nursery fees, and the picture in the OP is the result.