hey guys. my new rg 1550mz arrived yesterday. its quite good. the only problem is that the string (which are new) are detuning upward. im assuming it something to do with the edge zero, but i could be wrong.

this is my first ibanez, so what could be causing the increase in pitch. do i need to set it up in a certain way?

ty!
take out the ZPS,set it up properly..if that doesnt work...IDK...most flat and sharp return problems are caused by it..
What happens when they go out of tune? Are you adjusting anything or is it just going out?
yes its just going out. i leave it for an hour and the strings go slightly sharp.

the only ajustments ive made are fine tune adjustments on the trem.
Change the strings and then make sure the guitar is set up properly. Should solve your problems.
look im new to ibanez guitars. i cant really define what 'correct' is. the string height is good, tension feels fine trem moves fine.

i really have no idea how the strings could be getting higher. any thoughts?
Quote by jsync
look im new to ibanez guitars. i cant really define what 'correct' is. the string height is good, tension feels fine trem moves fine.

i really have no idea how the strings could be getting higher. any thoughts?

so what?put on some new strings,head over ibanezrules.com,look at the tech section(or just refer to the manual)and set it up accordingly..we cant exactly say whats wrong with it without taking a good look at it..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 11, 2010,
righto. i have been going through the manual and setting it up accordingly.

also i have just realised that the note increases the more i move the trem.
[quote="jsync

also i have just realised that the note increases the more i move the trem.[/QUOTE"]

move the trem?when you pullup or do a dive?
Quote by jsync
dive

oh yeah so your guitar goes sharp when you do a dive...thats most probably a problem with the ZPS system in the back,I asked this question from Rich harris and he said that ZPS causes some of these flat return issues on EZ's,so he advised to take the ZPS off.take the ZPS off,set it up perfectly and see if the problem is still there..
right i removed it. now eadgb are decreasing when i use the trem and high e is increasing. the trem is also being pulled up by the strings. to a point that i dont think it should be pulled up.
Quote by jsync
right i removed it. now eadgb are decreasing when i use the trem and high e is increasing. the trem is also being pulled up by the strings. to a point that i dont think it should be pulled up.

hehe,you have to set it up after you remove the bar..

you see,there are two modes of operation..with or without the bar..and they arent interchange by a simple *switch..you got to set it up according to the mode of Operation I guess..

i dunno,but this seems little complicated..ask Mr.rich harris about it..I'm sure he'll have the solution..Or ask pifty..
yes.

pretty much i haven't been able to spend 5 min strait using it in tune. every time i tune it, the notes raise automatically and i have to tune it again and again and again. its like it hates me
the first one is always a pain in the ass...does the bridge go up or down when you tune it?it should stay perfectly parrallel to the body
bridge doesn't move. thes strings just detune. most of that time it goes sharp, but some times somestrings go flat.

such a mind****.
did you change the strings as suggest by the fellow guys?

I am sorry but this seems a little bit too complicated for my knowledge..

hopefully,you will be able to solve it
hopefully.

yeah i replaced the strings earlier today. theres was no diffrence in tuning stability.
i did just adjust the tension on the nut screws. the problem isn't as serious now... hmmm.
Quote by kattaway96
Theres your problem *points to logo on the headstock*

well theres your problem *points to your head,where the brain is supposed to be*
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 12, 2010,
Quote by kattaway96
Theres your problem *points to logo on the headstock*

Will you please stop this. It's getting old, and was never even funny in the first place.

Grow some balls and act like you're actually old enough to be allowed on here.
check the strings are locked down at the bridge and nut,check the intonation then check the base plate of the bridge is parallel to the body.
For any interested, i did fix this problem.

the key was reducing the angle on the trem to the lowest, re-adding strings, then tuning. this lifts the trem up something crazy. so afterwards i just increased the tension on the springs up again until the trem is level with the guitar.

this seems to have fixed it. btw the zps is still in the guitar.

many thanks to all that helped out on this.
scratch that, its the same as before.

interesting note, the detuning varies according to the height of the trem and how even it is. only problem is it changes on the slightest raise of 1 side.

this sucks.
so that means your solution didnnt work?and you have done everything to keep it in tune?if it was under the warranty period I would definitely return it
shit ****. i ordered it from the other side of the country.

ive done pretty much everything. would you say order another rg1550mz or go with something else?
No I am not saying that,but your detuning problem seems to be really confusing as you have done almost everything to solve it..right?

have you,

changed the strings?
checked the intonation?
locked the locking nut?
is the bridge set up parallel to the body and according to the manual?

if you have done all of these and still its giving you trouble,I would send and buy a guitar with a OFR or an Edge pro which are much easier to setup..
Quote by jsync
dont rage... but i forgot to tighten the locking nut.

holy %*)$)#)*#%&%&_#%@_(#)%$#$#$$

now is it ok?
i didn't think i had the ability to sink that low, but i guess we all surprise ourselves from time to time.

must have been all those years with Gibson guitars ;P