I just threw together a Shin Ei Fuzz clone off of General Guitar Gadgets and rather than putting a clone together or tweaking an existing pedal I got to thinking about making my own.

Anybody have any experience with designing their own pedals? I mean from top to bottom, everything. I'm mainly concerned with the circuit design part. Anybody have any experience doing this? Is there software out there that'll where I can design the circuit runs through the circuit?

Probably looking towards doing an overdrive pedal or another fuzz pedal... whatever is the easiest to start off with.

Thanks!
ive actually thought about doing this, it seems to me that a volume pedal would be the easiest

i saw somewhere a few months ago where someone showed step by step with pictures how to build a wah pedal, case and all.
Quote by presaleheart
I just threw together a Shin Ei Fuzz clone off of General Guitar Gadgets

i dont trust general guitar gadgets. they tryy to get you to sign up for a free bible with every purchase
There is definitely software. I have no experience with it, but I've heard LTSpice is good. I have designed my own fuzz/distortion though. It was a lot of research on transistors, amp design, etc. Then throw together what I thought would work, didn't, some fooling about and random guesswork, bam it works! Turned out I made pretty much a fuzz face though.
So rather than making a single effect pedal and ending up with something that's already out there... maybe I'll just merge two or three or whatever pedals into one. Yeah... I'm making it harder on myself.

I'll try out that software and see how it goes.

I didn't get anything bible related from GGG, but they're lying around in the free section of their site.
Try and gain some knowledge on electronics.

Good Sites:
Beavisaudio.com
UG's Electronics Thread
UG's Pedal Building Thread
Geofex.com

Also, have a look at the art of electronics book.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by rickyj
i dont trust general guitar gadgets. they tryy to get you to sign up for a free bible with every purchase

Dude, they mention it... I've bought from them several times and they've never pushed it at all, its just an option. Why would you not trust someone for that? He feels its a good thing, how can you argue? Don't want it, don't take it. Simple as that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!