Hi All,

I'm currently weighing up my options for powering my ever increasing effects pedal collection. I'm running on batteries at the moment, but I'm getting through them quicker than I would like.

I've been looking at daisy chain type adapters such as the Visual Sound 1Spot and power block solutions such as this on ebay.

What are peoples thoughts on this, considering I don't have the finances to spend big on a solution.

So for the ~£30 price bracket, what would you guys recommend?
How easy is it to change the polarity if needed?
I am in need of help with this as well, I have read good and bad on the 1 Spot. The T-Rex stuff has been reccomended to me as well, especially the new Chameleon.
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
1 Spot it is, for now
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
I wouldn't suggest investing in that ebay product: Only powers 9V, 100mA is the ceiling for power, it's housing is plastic, not isolated outlets. It is a daisy chain device, never heard of the product. Why would you invest in that. If you are going toward the daisy chain route, as Nightraven said, go Onespot or any know brand w/ history.
Yeah, I guess the 1spot is the sensible choice until i can afford something like the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power.
Cheers for the feedback chaps.
1spot makes a ton of different adapters for line 6, ehx, etc. The EHX pedals reverses polarity and converts to a 1/8" plug...so I guess it just depends on what pedal it is.
well crap, will this work for a Keeley Modded Boss and Wampler?(1 Spot)
Gear-
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
Catalinbread DLS v2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
So I'm going to need a separate power supply for my EHX LPB-1 pedal?

I am planning on buying more EHX pedals so would it be worth buying 2x 1-Spots and using *JUST* reverse polarity adapters on *ONE* of them.
This replacement EHX power supply spec claims centre-negative polarity?!

http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=4915&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=link&utm_content=9V%2BElectro-Harm%201002917&utm_campaign=fpspi0210

If that's correct then the one spot should be ok for my EHX pedals too, right?
Quote by denied
I'm pretty sure you need isolated outputs to safely reverse polarity..can someone confirm this?

Not at all. It totally depends on how the thing is internally. Most pedals use a positive supply rail and tie the negative to earth. A few (very few) pedals will run a negative supply rail and tie positive to earth. Which pin on the DC socket goes to which is irrelevant, it's which one is tied to ground that matters.
You can mix and match socket polarities on a daisy chain all day as long as each device is right for it; it's internal polarity that can't be mixed off the same supply.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 11, 2010,
you are confusing the polarity of the plug with the polarity of the pedal. i can have a center pin positive pedal with a negative ground and a center pin negative pedal with a negative ground. you can chain those together with no issue at all.

the issue arises when you have a pedal with positive ground. most pedals have negative ground. ive found that those pedals with a positive ground are usually fuzzes. but not all fuzzes are positive ground. you just have to check the pedal, and you should be fine.
i spot is all you need unless your really big into music. powers atleast 6 pedals at once, even large ones like digitech whammys. you really cant get anything better for less than 100.
Quote by ikey_
i spot is all you need unless your really big into music. powers atleast 6 pedals at once, even large ones like digitech whammys. you really cant get anything better for less than 100.

The Whammy is 9VAC @ 1200mA, don't quote me on the mA, are you sure the 1Spot will power the Whammy? Do you personally daisy chain the Whammy w/ the 1Spot?