It's been a while since I've posted anything. Graduation and senior trip had me a little busy. Anyway, C4C and if I owe you a crit, please feel free to remind me.

It’s 3:30 in the morning and I’m still awake.
My mind is a scrambled mess of eggs and mistrust in myself.
The burning question tonight:
What makes life worth living?
Money, sex, friends, television,
All the inventions of mankind could be thrown out the window,
But what would we be left with?
Would everyone band together in an attempt to make sense of it all,
Or would we all just cease to exist?
The clock continues, without mercy, to count down the seconds until I die.
But what happens when the sand finally runs out?
Is that really why we’re all here,
Just to live until we die?
The only reasonable explanation I can find as to why I’m here,
Breathing in and out smoke,
Typing away my worries,
Is relationships.
If you strip away everything man has created,
You are left with man.
The bonds we form with one another,
The love we share,
The hate we seethe,
The hurt we feel,
And the pleasure we long for,
All add up to a purpose,
One single goal that we all strive to achieve,
To belong.
What makes life worth living?

my constant quest to see every vagina in the world.

nice lyrics tho lol
This question drills down several layers beneath external conditions and put the inquiry smack dab in the middle of a gold mine. It invites you to enter the realm of what lives in your heart of hearts and soul of souls. There, more questions arise. The truth is, the gold to be mined lies in the questions themselves.

I love this Rilke quote:

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language.

Back to the question: what makes a life worth living?

Is it just about surviving, making it through? Are we born with a destiny to fulfill or do we come to life as a blank slate? Does fate play a role in how our lives turn out or do we create them out of the choices we make?

From these questions, others arise:

Is an acorn destined to become an oak tree? Is a caterpillar destined to become a butterfly?

When I think about my own life and who I've become, I can see that even as a kid, I was always curious to know about other people and what made them who they are. My career as a teacher, trainer, coach, therapist, and public speaker began in my parents' garage when I was 7 years old. I used to borrow folding chairs from a neighbor, line them up in neat little rows and invite the kids in the neighborhood to come over and "share". I stood in front of the room and encouraged the kids to share about kid stuff, summer vacation activity, scouting, dancing lessons and the like. Even then, I wanted to get inside people's stories!