Okay..

The last 4 months i've been busy learning the fretboard, major scale, minor pentatonic, major pentatonic, melodic minor etc. I do have a pretty solid theory background from classical piano lessons. Whats the next step i should take, my goal is songwriting, i do this on piano now, but i want to take it to guitar.

I was thinking to buy some lick library dvd's,(yeah not really gonna pay for it... but you know) how to play this and that, to get some fresh ideas. This will give me a vocabulary when it comes to licks, and will make it easier coming up with my own stuff.

Any techniques or other stuff you can recommomend me, generally i play bluesy/jazzy (got the mickey baker book) and pop, soft rock stuff.

What should i be practising now.....
Last edited by B&J at Jun 11, 2010,
Reads like you got it wrapped up. Try learning stuff from completely different genres than what you would otherwise listen to/play. In every style of music, there is something worth adapting/stealing.

Except for Rap & Hip Hop. LOL
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Last edited by Jesus_Dean at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by Jesus_Dean
Reads like you got it wrapped up. Try learning stuff from completely different genres than what you would otherwise listen to/play. In every style of music, there is something worth adapting/stealing.

Except for Rap & Hip Hop. LOL

lol, my ear starts bleeding when listening to rap/hiphop