Quote by webbtje
If they're no-name (which they are), avoid avoid avoid.

you mean if they dont have floyd rose stamped on the base by the low e's saddle?
Liscensed are supposed to be extremely inferior. I have a liscensed Jackson one, made in the last few years, and I've had people who normally dislike locking trems praise it.

I've never used an OFR so I can't say about a direct comparison. However when I strung it myself at one point, it was quite bad at holding tune. I had it strung properly (not set up, just strung) and it seems to be fine now.
well dude they have to be terrible

that a floyd rose bridge for £ 35
Last edited by rickyj at Jun 11, 2010,
I have a lisenced on my Ibanez and it's really good. That guitar stays in tune no matter what I do with the trem. I have a lisenced one on my backup guitar, an ESP LTD. It looks exactly the same apart from the fact that it's not black but chrome and it really, really SUCKS ASS!!! That's all I can say about this.
Last edited by OXL at Jun 11, 2010,
Try and get the ones with

"rythym in jump dance close to you"

stamped on them, they are the bomb

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
If you want a Floyd style bridge, be sure to get a well recognized company, like Floyd Rose. Also, I wouldn't say it pales to an OFR, but OFR's are generally better in my experiences as licensed have (for me atleast) less tuning hold
Quote by OXL
I have a lisenced on my Ibanez and it's really good. That guitar stays in tune no matter what I do with the trem. I have a lisenced one on my backup guitar, an ESP LTD. It looks exactly the same apart from the fact that it's not black but chrome and it really, really SUCKS ASS!!! That's all I can say about this.

the licensed one on my dean is perfect

my friend has an ltd f250 and its floyd stays in tune perfect too

i guess it differs from floyd to floyd
Quote by rickyj
you mean if they dont have floyd rose stamped on the base by the low e's saddle?

No, I meant that if it's not Gotoh, Schaller or OFR, and it's not a good quality floating bridge made by a big guitar company (a lot of the Ibanez ones are great), then it's to be avoided if you can.

Quote by rickyj
well dude they have to be terrible

that a floyd rose bridge for £ 35

Also this. An OFR is 189 quid.
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 11, 2010,
Thanks folks - I figured a £35 FR probably wouldn't cut the mustard. Just a bit of leap to £190.

Anyone got any experience of Jackson Floyd Rose trems?
I haven't tried a licensed floyd rose but I got a Original Floyd Rose in my ESP Horizon-II FR and I can tell you no matter how much you rape the whammy bar or something like that it will stay in tune.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Don't forget you can put a diamond bracelet on a hog but it is still a hog. What I am saying is you could get the best Floyd Rose out there and stick it on a junk guitar and the guitar will still be junk. There are so many other parts on a guitar that could cause a guitar not to stay in tune. In todays world it is so easy now to get reviews and complaints on just about anything, so research the product and see if you can find any negative reviews. (Or positive) Then see what is causing the review. Cheap metal? Doesn't stay tuned?
And then the last thing, you get what you pay for. If an item cost $150 and you are getting one (or one similar) for $50 why is that? The answer is it's CHEAPER material so they can sell it cheaper. They are not going to take a loss on selling them.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by Ali-b912
Liscensed are supposed to be extremely inferior. I have a liscensed Jackson one, made in the last few years, and I've had people who normally dislike locking trems praise it.

I've never used an OFR so I can't say about a direct comparison. However when I strung it myself at one point, it was quite bad at holding tune. I had it strung properly (not set up, just strung) and it seems to be fine now.

Agreed. The licensed Jackson ones are real nice. I have one. Why not get an Edge Zero instead? The locking trem fanatics make it sound like Gods gift to the world.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Tom 1.0
Try and get the ones with

"rythym in jump dance close to you"

stamped on them, they are the bomb

Quote by VanTheKraut
Agreed. The licensed Jackson ones are real nice. I have one. Why not get an Edge Zero instead? The locking trem fanatics make it sound like Gods gift to the world.

Egde zero?that costs 280$..But I would say,buy the EDGE pro(270$),why?the EZ with all its gadets cost only a 10 more than much more simple-r trem.or the LoPRO,which costs 275 and is one of the best ibanez trems ever..

to be honest all three trems that I've mentioned here are gods gifts to the world
Quote by Nostoi
Thanks folks - I figured a £35 FR probably wouldn't cut the mustard. Just a bit of leap to £190.

Anyone got any experience of Jackson Floyd Rose trems?

i'm not a major fan of the jt580LP (assuming that's the one you're talking about).

the OFR is a wee bit cheaper on thomann. like £170 instead of £190. I'm not sure if they have lefty ones, though. alternatively, you could get a gotoh (ge1996t is the model number), it's like £110 without the locking nut. The nut is like an extra £20 (if prices haven't gone up). You can get both at wd music.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by VanTheKraut

Not at all, locking trems are always a pain in the ass, even if they work very well, you still have to replace the strings now and then. Looking at that I'd prefer a fixed bridge any time but hey, sometimes I need a trem and in that case double locking is the only way to go for me. Not double locking doesn't withstand the abuse from my side
Quote by OXL

Well, in that respect, both my Ibanez have LFR's and they're amazing as well, but that's a bit of a different order, I do think.
I just scored an Original floyd on ebay for £110 (new). So there are deals out there, one thing you have to take into consideration with (most)Licensed floyds is also the time factor. My s series is 11 years old and the bridge has finally worn down and become VERY unreliable. With the original floyd, chances are this won't be a problem due to the higher grade parts.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by siverstorm
This thread is stale.

then lets start an arguement!!!!

liscenced floyd roses are better than Original ones
Quote by archenemyfan
then lets start an arguement!!!!

liscenced floyd roses are better than Original ones

And ones with "rhythm in jump dance close to you" stamped on them are the best.
Quote by siverstorm
And ones with "rhythm in jump dance close to you" stamped on them are the best.

haha lmao yeah....
Quote by rickyj
the licensed one on my dean is perfect

my friend has an ltd f250 and its floyd stays in tune perfect too

i guess it differs from floyd to floyd

OMG man my name is ricky and i got a razorback and my friend has a esp LTD V what the hell is this some kind of parallel universe,
but to your question i played both a licensed on my razorback and a OFL on my friends dean black tooth rebel ya the one that theres only 20 somthing in the world of and thay seem to be the same to me.but my friend will tell you diffrent
Quote by Nostoi
Apologies as this will have be asked before, but I'm thinking through it: does a "licensed" Floyd Rose *significantly* pail in comparison to an original? Or: is the difference minor?

What do these look like to you:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390054388346&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks.

as far as i know the metal is different
licensed ones are made from cheaper metal, i remember my licensed floyd rose, so cheap that the intonation saddle screws dug in the saddles, a couple more intonations and i would of had to replace them, the knife edges also get used bad in licensed ones which won't really keep the tune very well, also the metal being cheap and all be ready to replace many parts that you actually use like screws because they mess up
bottom line: if you don't mind replacing parts on it once in a while its ok to get a licensed floyd, not much of a difference in feel just durability as far as i'm concerned