So I was trying to learn this solo today and it called for me to do two simutaneous whole step bends on the e string 14th fret and the b string 17th fret. When these bends are played simultaneously they sound bad and nothing like the recording at all. What am I doing wrong?
IMHO its called unison bend, and you bend ONLY the note on the b string and it should sound good.
You aren't supposed to bend both notes, just the 14th up a whole step whilst playing the 17th. That way you have the 14th bending up into and matching the pitch the 17th is playing. Make sure your bend is in tune though or else it will sound pretty dissonant.
O_0 i always thought that when you do unison bend on e and b you bend b string. Is it even possible to do it your way? you would pull e out of the fretboard or mute it with with finger(s) holding b.
Quote by kisiel35
O_0 i always thought that when you do unison bend on e and b you bend b string. Is it even possible to do it your way? you would pull e out of the fretboard or mute it with with finger(s) holding b.

whoops mixed up my fret numbers teehee

put 14 in place of 17 and vice versa in my last post and viola