*Warning: Wall of Text ahead. If you're here strictly for the prons, scroll down*

If finally came, friends. I know many fellow metalheads here are in similar situations; you have so many dreams and goals, the only thing stopping you is having gear that you aren't 100% satisfied with. I have been doing research since June of 2009, trying to find the perfect guitar for me. I played an Ibanez RG2EX1, which is a fine guitar. RG shape, 24 fret, V7/V8 pickups (which are actually very good for stock), everything was going good. However, as my musical tastes began to grow and my overflowing ambition to become the best and most versatile guitarist I could possibly be became apparent, I started noticing flaws in my RG.

It was made of basswood, which I liked at first. Roll down the tone knob a bit and you got yourself a very nice jazzy tone. Then I started listening to stuff like the Chris Duarte Group (a great blues rock band if you’ve never heard of them), and I really wanted to get a bright sound out of my guitar. That was something the EQ on my Roland Cube could not handle. So I decided that my next guitar will be a strat. Then I was like lol nah. I don’t want to bore you by describing the rigorous journey I had to go though to find the perfect guitar. Instead I’ll tell you the story of how I found the one I just bought.

I really lost all hope. I stopped browsing MusiciansFriend, eBay, local auction sites, and just gave up. Then one day, I swear to God, I got some kind of calling. Really, I can’t explain it, I just NEEDED to check eBay. I did and went “why the hell am I here anyway? Nothing changed,” but I was wrong. I found a link. It temped me and I click. What I saw was a Schecter C-1 Artist II, original selling price (not MSRP, mind you) was 600. It was on sale that day for 350. I was not knowledgeable on the Artist II, but after a quick check, I found that it had the very same specs as the original Artist, an intriguing guitar that was discontinued not too long ago. Ignoring the fact that the only review for the guitar was from a guy that rated it 1 star, ignoring the fact that there were absolutely no reviews ANYWHERE, and ignoring the fact that not even a single YouTube user posted a video of it, I purchased the guitar.

This is when the stress started. I ordered it sometime in April of this year, and it got here today. I had to get this shipped internationally, which usually takes longer, but this time, the wait was ridiculous. Many thoughts ran through my head. What if I was too late, and someone else got it before me? What if it's sent to the wrong address? What if it was discontinued? I have had bad luck with ordering guitar's that don't even sell (some of you may remember my dilemma months ago about ordering an Ibanez SZR720 that wasn't even in stock. Luckily, I was not charged). But today, it came, and my fears were over.

EDIT: For those of you who noticed my edits, shh.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Jun 11, 2010,

Upon playing it unplugged, I just knew I was in possession of a guitar with hidden talents. It just emitted power, my playing abilities really do not give this
guitar justice. So I plugged it in, and experience the wonder sounds of...

The Duncans. And by that, I mean Seymour Duncans. Ain't no Duncan Designs in this bitch. Not just any Duncans either. I got a '59 in the neck,
JB in the bridge; the combo from hell. Having stock pickups of this quality in a brand new guitar for 350 USD? Could not get better than this right? Oh yeah, the neck.

Smooth mahogany neck with a smooth rosewood fretboard. Real cool geometric looking triangle inlays. The neck was like butter.

Ultra access set neck over here. It sounds cliche, but I actually hear the increase of sustain over my RG with a bolt on.
So who's hungry for the body shot?

(Invalid img)

With a red guitar strap to match So stop fapping for a second and hear me out. I haven't played many guitars in my life. I've tried RG's,
Epiphone LP's and SG's, PRS Custom 24, and a few Strat copies. This is by far the best guitar I've ever played. I am in shock of the noticeable
differences in tone. The 5 way pickup selector compliments the very versatile pickups very well. The neck, something people have problems with,
is just fine with me. I love the good grip it has. It's even lighter than my RG!

I'll try and get clips up sometime by doing covers of songs so check out the Cover Song forum every now and then. I am, for the first
time in a while, satisfied, and ready to put this guitar to good use. If you've actually read every word I've said in this thread, thank you.

Oh, yeah and here's my mom holding it. I'm not a mirror kind of guy.

I am a happy wolf.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Jun 11, 2010,
I read the whole story good for you

HNGD!
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
thats awesome man that finish is amazing what kind of wood is it?
Last edited by rickyj at Jun 11, 2010,
don't have the patience for that wall of text, but man that thing is beautiful! HNGD!
Guitars:
Squire Strat w/ Hot Rails
DIY "Suncaster"
Epiphone G-400
Jay Turser JT200D
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Ovation Balladeer
Jackson JS1 Dinky

Amps:
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Behringer V-Tone GM108
Roland Cube 40
Quote by rickyj

Pure mahogany baby. Well that's what it's advertised as, the hell I know Whatever it is, sounds good man.

He will be missed.
happy ****ing new guitar day!

man, Im just about to buy the blackjack (next wednesday) and thats the main reason I checked this thread....

scrolled down..... ahha, the first pic... WOT?!?!?! that was sexy! looks fantastic man, hngd!

Jonathan
Quote by rickyj

'tis quilted maple my friend
now I love Schecter even more!

damn beautiful guitar! Gratz mate... you're one lucky rocker!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
nice i just got blackjack 2 weeks ago, love it, main diff is ur p'ups are covered, and u got a quilted top HNGD! i havent seen any ngds in a while
Eh.
Happy beautiful new guitar day.

Those C-1 Schecters with the passive pups are the only schecters I like.

And right on to the ebay hunting!

That's exactly how I bought my Edwards. (Although I actually met the guy locally to try her out) But yea I just randomly searching "Horizon III" one day on ebay and saw my guitar with 2 days left .
I love schecter, and that guitar is beautiful. Read the whole story haha, hngd
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Haha, cheers guys Words cannot express the feeling I had from waking up in the morning and seeing that beautiful axe on the other side of the room. Let's just say my morning wood took a while to get rid of.

He will be missed.
That is some surprisingly gorgeous quilt maple and a really nice dye job for a guitar so reasonably priced. You could have told me that set you back a grand and judging by the pictures, I wouldn't know any better.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
we have the same strap, and i love the guitar. HNGD
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by MrFlibble
That is some surprisingly gorgeous quilt maple and a really nice dye job for a guitar so reasonably priced. You could have told me that set you back a grand and judging by the pictures, I wouldn't know any better.

Same with me; I honestly cannot believe I have a thing of such beauty and value in my room.

He will be missed.
Wow. That quilt top is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a C-1 Plus. Very nice score!

Kudos to your mom, bro.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R