He's most known for his time in Metallica, but he's contributed so much more to the rock music world. He's been in Flotsam and Jetsam, Papa Wheelie, Echobrain, toured with Ozzy, and is currently in Voivod. He's looked over a lot due to his leaving of Metallica, and trying to fill Cliff Burton's shoes. I think he deserves his own thread, he's definitely one of the best rock bassists out there today.
i think its a shame he got booted from metallica, as he said in s.k.o.m there was no way echobrain would effect metallica. if Death Magnetic had Newstead it wouldh've been alot better imo
No doubt he's a great bassist etc...
But his personality grinds on me for some reason
He didn't get booted from Metallica, he quit. Newsted is without a doubt one of the most underrated bassists. One of my biggest inspirations. Although most people won't admit it, he was definitely the best bassist for Metallica.
^I totally agree with that. He wasn't the best bassist (cliff was) but he fit the band way better.
jason was awesome he wasnt cliff but he was still great idc if he played with a pick he still had some awesome lines and solos like the one from the cunning stunts dvd

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by pwnadgebunny
jason was awesome he wasnt cliff but he was still great idc if he played with a pick he still had some awesome lines and solos like the one from the cunning stunts dvd

1) No one should care if any bassist plays with a pick.
2) http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Dude, these FUCKING Metallica threads really need to stop.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
He seems overrated to me. Just like everyone else in Metallica, he is a pretty average player. Except for Ulrich, who is on par with most monkeys.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by nashawa
1) No one should care if any bassist plays with a pick.
2) http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/

agree with #1 sorry bout my grammar i dont speak good english

No worries. If English isn't your first language, then I'm sorry about that.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by The Wildchild
Dude, these FUCKING Metallica threads really need to stop.

this thread isn't necessarily about metallica.

I don't see how it's a problem if it is either.

You seem stupid.

ON TOPIC: Jason Newsted got me into playing bass, when I heard his solo from cunning stunts. Needless to say, I really, really like Jason Newsted.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Last edited by NakedBassist at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by NakedBassist

Really? Well apparently you aren't particularly aware of how forums work.

You see, if multiple threads are started on the same subject, chaos and general disorganization ensues. It's like having multiple dictionary entries for the same word scattered throughout its pages. Multiple threads are ridiculous when a single one will suffice.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by NakedBassist

You seem stupid.

ON TOPIC: Jason Newsted got me into playing bass, when I heard his solo from cunning stunts. Needless to say, I really, really like Jason Newsted.

Ok ok, I might as well make threads about every person who plays in a band.

Seriously man, there's a Metallica thread, there's a Voivod thread, fuck there's even a thrash thread. You can take your dumbassery there.

I like how you shamelessly pulled that 'you seem stupid' line out of your roach infested ass.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by NakedBassist

You seem stupid.

yeah i love that solo and the to live is to die one from the live binge and purge dvd