The Burns GB-66 Bass. It came into my life a short while ago and I think about buying it.

Google turned up a little short on info on Burns. I've grown a bit fed up with the Bison Bass info. Who knows anything about this one?
Attachments:
13139.jpg
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Burns were a London-based company well-known in the 1960s for high-quality electric guitars. According to this page the GB66 guitar was introduced after Baldwin took over in 1965, and the model was only made for about a year. Here's the specs for the guitar version:
- Cool 60's twangy pickups
- Nice flame (in sycamore - unusual)
- Rare: only made for about a year
- Treble bout master volume
- Thin neck (you can bend notes by bending the neck!)
- Zero fret

My guess is that's the bass counterpart to the guitar model, similar to what Guild did with their Starfire series, or Gibson with the EB-0/SG and EB-2/ES-335.
Yea, the GB66 is the counterpart of the GB65/66 Baldwin guitars - it was only made in 1966. I'm wondering about playability
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Well, you could have mentioned that. I don't think there's any substitute in this case for hands-on experience.
Quote by bornfidelity
The Burns GB-66 Bass. It came into my life a short while ago and I think about buying it.

Google turned up a little short on info on Burns. I've grown a bit fed up with the Bison Bass info. Who knows anything about this one?

Burns although good were always just a tad short on street cred during the 60s. It didn't stop me using one from 63-69 though.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I've got the same bass...but it's in pieces. I'm looking for parts. Where did you get your Burns GB66? Could you give me the website? The bass really looks sharp