Hey guys

I have been playing guitar for a while now, and saved up abit of cash for a nice tube amp, but i am unsure what amp to get.

I have been looking at the Marshall MA50C, and the Peavey VK112 and 6505+112.

I mostly play classic rock, metal, blues and instrumental stuff, a little bit of jazz now and again.

Can you guys give me your opinions on a good combo tube amp at around the 50watt ish range?

My budget is around £500 ish, i guess i could put out a little more if needed.

Thanks.
You could get the Hiwatt HG50 for around £660 if that's not too much. Not seen any around used yet, so maybe they are keepers.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The 6505 112 is the best value by far IMO for a NEW amp, great for metal and rock, the cleans suck though.
Out of the three that you mentioned I would personally get the VK, they're not amazing but they're better than Marshall MAs in my opinion, the 6505 is designed for mre heavy stuff, it wont do the blues or jazz very well.

You could look at the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, it might be a little bit over £500, it's got really nice cleans though, so it'll be brilliant for the jazz and blues, it'll get dirty enough for the classic rock (although the distortion isn't very nice), it won't do metal though.

Peavey Classic 30 has got better distortion than the HRD, almost as good cleans, that'll also do everything except for metal, slightly quieter than all the amps mentioned so far though.

Erm, Blackstar HT 20/40? Not bad amps, not the best.

Orange Tiny Terror/Dual Terror? I don't personally like these, you might though.

Laney?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Traynor YCS50
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Lurcher
You could get the Hiwatt HG50 for around £660 if that's not too much. Not seen any around used yet, so maybe they are keepers.

This.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112