Hey guys, I was wondering what you use to record and edit your tracks on the computer. I have a PC so garageband is out of the question. Any thoughts?
I use REAPER, and it's great.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
ableton live, record by propellerhead, reason by propellerhead,fl studio
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster by Squire
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Nope. I'm far too honest.
Used to use Sonar 8, now im using Reaper!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Guitar Tracks Pro 4 costs $150, but it sounds GREAT, and you get Guitar Rig 3 with it as a plug-in.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
If you've got the money to spend, I'd get Cubase.

If you don't, try Reaper.

It's subjective though, different programs for different people. Get a few trials and see which you prefer.
Quote by Ziphoblat
If you've got the money to spend, I'd get Cubase.

If you don't, try Reaper.

It's subjective though, different programs for different people. Get a few trials and see which you prefer.

this
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
guitar pro 4 for amp sim
cubase for recording, or audacity
depending on how lazy i feel
EDIT: my bad wrong thread
Last edited by sambot12 at Jun 11, 2010,
lol protools is not the best. Cubase or Reaper are the 2 big ones next to protools. Protools just has the name. Lacks some work flow, elastic audio is probably the best part about protools. Its really up to personal preference, all 3 can produce an awesome sound if you know how to use it.
Quote by ibanezshred503
lol protools is not the best. Cubase or Reaper are the 2 big ones next to protools. Protools just has the name. Lacks some work flow, elastic audio is probably the best part about protools. Its really up to personal preference, all 3 can produce an awesome sound if you know how to use it.

I disagree completely about work flow. I've used all 3 and I'm able to navigate through everything in Pro Tools much easier than Reaper or Cubase (which IMO, Cubase has the worst work flow and the ugliest interface).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by HomeRecording
it's preference.

Very true. I've used Cubase (sucks, imo), Reason (which I didn't understand at all), Pro Tools, and Reaper. I exclusively use Reaper now not because it's amazing, but simply because it does what I need it to do, and I understand how to use it effectively. Can't really ask for more than that.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
i use reaper.its a great program and very powerful once you learn to use it properly
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial