Whats yalls opinion on the guitar? I got the rg120 last week without realizing the tremolo is a pain in the ass and detunes the entire guitar if just one string goes out of tune. Plus you cant just go to drop D without having to retune ALL the strings.

So im willing to spend a little more for the RG-RG3EXFM1. Im in love with the RG slim necks.
buy an rg neck for a better guitar? if all the strings go out of tune chances are its because of the neck
iv'e had that guitar for 3 years and it's held up well. back when i bought it they came with crappy "emg designed" ibanez pups but what they have in them now are supposed to be better. its easy to play and sounds pretty good in my opinion.
I got one as the first guitar after my starter and I still really enjoy it. With a pup change it would be very awesome, although mine came with the v7 and v8 pickups, not sure what comes in them now though.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by mr7string
buy an rg neck for a better guitar? if all the strings go out of tune chances are its because of the neck

That makes no sense.

And ts if you having troubles with the bridge then I highly recommend you block it. That involves cutting up 2 pieces of wood and inserting them either side of your tremolo block to stop it from moving and therefore stop the bridge from moving when you change tunings.
thanks guys, im hoping itll be good. And yes it comes with the v7 & v8 pups. Im going first thing in the morning.

azn_guitarist yea I found a video on youtube about blocking the tremolo. If I do that would my rg120 be about be the same as the rg3 without the shark inlays and v7 v8 pups?

Another thing on the 120 was I noticed a lot of frett buzz on the low E string and am hoping the rg3 would have less, but with proper setup both guitars could essentially be without any buzz right?
Quote by fuzzface
thanks guys, im hoping itll be good. And yes it comes with the v7 & v8 pups. Im going first thing in the morning.

azn_guitarist yea I found a video on youtube about blocking the tremolo. If I do that would my rg120 be about be the same as the rg3 without the shark inlays and v7 v8 pups?

Another thing on the 120 was I noticed a lot of frett buzz on the low E string and am hoping the rg3 would have less, but with proper setup both guitars could essentially be without any buzz right?

Yeah, you can save a lot of money by just blocking the trem, it'll be just as good.

The buzz is a setup problem, and the RG3 won't be drastically better quality. Just setting up the RG120 well will make a huge improvement in that area.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X