Hi there.
I'm the current owner of a PRS Single-cut SE, I've had it almost a year now however when I got it there was quite a lot of dirt on the fretboard (see images)
I'm wondering the best way to remove this? You wouldn't believe the number of times I've scrubbed the fretboard with a cloth.
After searching all over the net, I haven't found a solution that works or seems a good idea to try (such as sandpaper or steel wool).
Any suggestions?

Quote by Tinderwet
It looks pretty clean to me. I'm only seeing the wood pores.

Me too.

Anyway, i clean my Singlecut's fretboard with Dunlop Fretboard 65 Ultimate Lemon Oil.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Alright, thanks for the replies. Most of those grooves have (or had) some gunk in them, I tried removing it with a needle a while ago which worked alright but I think it did a little damage..
lemon oil conditions the board, there are actual fret board cleaners as well. we us dunlop 65 cleaner at work.
Quote by gregs1020
lemon oil conditions the board, there are actual fret board cleaners as well. we us dunlop 65 cleaner at work.

Really?
I thought lemon oil was used both as a cleaner and conditioner.

This is from the bottle itself:
Remove strings. Shake bottle well. Apply a small amount of Fretboard 65 parallel to the frets using the Dab-O-Matic applicator -- a little goes a long way. With a clean cloth, work dirt and grime free and wipe away any excess oil.
(Note: not for use on maple fretboards.)
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Really?
I thought lemon oil was used both as a cleaner and conditioner.

This is from the bottle itself:

you can but it doesn't do as good of a job on cleaning really dirty boards. the fender stuff cleans up the grit the fastest of the stuff i've tried. we just use the 65 because that's what is open. lemon oil does work, but not as fast as other stuff made for just cleaning. a lot of old salty types prefer bole oil. (it's basically the same as the lemon oil without the lemon scent/color). that's what's conditioning the rosewood. not anything lemon. imo

edit: also that se fretboard looks brand spanking new. they come like that out of the box, it just needs a little oil is all. nice guitar.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by gregs1020
you can but it doesn't do as good of a job on cleaning really dirty boards. the fender stuff cleans up the grit the fastest of the stuff i've tried. we just use the 65 because that's what is open. lemon oil does work, but not as fast as other stuff made for just cleaning. a lot of old salty types prefer bole oil. (it's basically the same as the lemon oil without the lemon scent/color). that's what's conditioning the rosewood. not anything lemon. imo

edit: also that se fretboard looks brand spanking new. they come like that out of the box, it just needs a little oil is all. nice guitar.

Thanks for the info!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Uh, that is a perfectly normal, played rosewood fretboard. That doesn't need cleaning and it is far, far from needing conditioning.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by handbanana
I'm assuming they make a different one for Maple fretboards?

yeah you don't want to add oil to a finished maple board. it'll smear and stain.

instead, you could use a damp cloth, and finish off with a little polish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I picked up a bottle of that Gerlitz Guitar Honey and it did a great job of cleaning and conditioning my fretboards. I haven't found or heard anything that says it's bad to use for any reason. There seems to be conflicting opinions about the merit of lemon oil though. I'd actually like to hear something more definitive about the whole thing myself.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.