Page 1 of 3
Hopefully this is going to be uplifting

So post something you've done in your life that you're most proud of.

I'll start with the obvious.

Me taking up guitar. I didn't ever usually stick at anything and gave up pretty quick. My parents even said they wouldn't buy me a guitar because I wouldn't stick at it. That was 2 and a half years ago. I play everyday, have done several concerts, varying in size and have progressed massively. Proved my parents wrong and actually stuck at something.

Another one is that I've been told in school by my friends and others quite frequently that I'm one of the happiest, honest and nicest people they've ever met.

Your turn! You can also say "guitar" or something.

Oh, another thing, I'd say nearly above everything is my friends. Dead proud of all of them. All are getting brilliant grades in sixth form, all have got into top uni's and drama schools if they get the grades, which I'm sure they will. They're just brilliant people. 3 of my best friends are just amazing. I'm proud of my ability to pick good friends. I've never fallen out with any of them and probably won't
Last edited by leg end at Jun 11, 2010,
My monstrous wiener.

EDIT: Serious answer. My friends and family. My skills at everything that I do well.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Last edited by CGB89 at Jun 11, 2010,
Getting my first dan Black Belt in two forms of Martial Art, after studying both for around 8.5 years.

Getting my house.

Feels good man.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
-Know many languages, am doing great in university
-Good at Muay Thai, have won amateur fights
-better at guitar than anyone else I know, have been playing for 7 years
-in great shape
-above average penis size
My ability to explore and understand systems and my creativity.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
My ability to explore and understand systems and my creativity.

That's a bloody brilliant answer mate, kudos.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Got into ever UC I've applied to

UCLA, Riverside, and Irvine.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
That I'm finally starting to grasp a sense for the style I want to play. Which has changed a lot for me over the years.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
My quick learning ability. There are few things in the world that I'm not confident I could pick up on after about ten minutes.
Guitar for example. My dad taught me the parts (body, neck, etc.) and kinda set me on my own. I taught myself how to read tab and now I'd say I'm a competent guitarist.
My job. I work at an airport as a ramper, which makes me responsible for multi-million dollar aircraft every day. I've been there almost a year, but it took about a week for me to know how to do just about anything at my job.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

This year I will have done a 2 year BTEC ND in Music in one year, instead of two. At the same time I've taken my A2 in Media. I have technically done about 7 AS levels this year, and I'm predicted a DDM in BTEC Music and an A in media.
My ability to figure out how to use just about anything, despite never having used it before.
Sticking at guitar and becoming pretty good at it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
i'm proud of my guitars and guitar playing (playing some Necrophagist on an acoustic right now).
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Kicked everyone in my region's ass in a physics contest.

Wow, that makes me feel like a nerd
🙈 🙉 🙊
My ability to understand things very quickly - especially science related.

Guitar - being on JHS website for a demo of my current guitar. Admittedly I played awful back then, but I've improved.

Cooking ability. Me and a few of my friends are surprisingly good at cooking, even if not to a professional level.

Things I'm not proud of:
My social life. I've went out with friends once so far this year. Sorry, frienD. However, this is probably what leads to everything I'm proud of about myself.

The fact it took me 5 years to figure out what style of music I want to write yet still I can barely write it.

The fact I don't understand myself. Why is it that some days I think of nothing but destroying everyone I see around me, wishing death to everything and feeling cynical and depressed about everything - the day I found I got 100% in three tests that were each worth 25% of a GCSE was one of these, yet still I felt awful - and others when I just want to be helpful, play guitar well, dream of becoming a doctor or getting to uni?

Most of all, the fact that in my head I know that no matter how good I get at something, millions of people will be far better than me at them. Hell, the things I'm proud of have already been mentioned by people who have far more reason to be proud of them.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Jun 11, 2010,
I was showing a portfolio of my Photography to someone and they thought I was entering to do a degree in photography, made me feel proud of my photography.
I don't think about it much but i'm pretty proud of all my academic achievements and juggling them with my music stuffs.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
The way I wake up feeling better than everyone else for no apparent reason. And then living the day out and realising, yes, I AM better than everyone else.

Ok really: I guess finishing Uni, following through with my dream to go to Japan. Breaking away from what my friends were/are doing to find my own thing and be successful at it.
My historical pair of boxer shorts that I've had since I was like 14. They haven't gave up on me yet, nor me them!
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I like building model rockets, it sounds pretty geeky so I don't tell many people I do, but Im actually pretty good at it.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
I like building model rockets, it sounds pretty geeky so I don't tell many people I do, but Im actually pretty good at it.

Better than Korea?
Quote by leg end
Oh, another thing, I'd say nearly above everything is my friends. Dead proud of all of them. All are getting brilliant grades in sixth form, all have got into top uni's and drama schools if they get the grades, which I'm sure they will. They're just brilliant people. 3 of my best friends are just amazing. I'm proud of my ability to pick good friends. I've never fallen out with any of them and probably won't

How does your company measure you as a person?
Hmmmm this is tricky. And it's my first post in the Pit. *prepares to get ripped to shreds* Well, probably my ability to work out what's bugging people and cheer them up, I seem to be ok at that. I was the female lead in my school show We Will Rock You and that was pretty cool. We had a full house each night and standing ovations. That's something.
I'm going to university and going into journalism. I've been pretty much working shit jobs for the last 5 years in convenience stores and a desk job as an adjuster for an insurance company and broke up with my girlfriend whom I was to marry. Finally took it upon myself to do something with my life. It's all up from here.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I like this thread

-Built a sick ass car with my dad, really helped us bond through some bad times
-In a touring band with loving fans as far as Guatamala
-I know almost everybody in my town and are on good terms with everyone exept for one person
-I have an awesome family
-I love being busy for some reason so i get everything that comes my way done pretty fast.
-just graduated high school
Let's see:

- I've learnt the bass. It's been my dream since I was 6 to play bass, and now I've got one, I'm composing and I've done session work.

- I pick up languages pretty easily and I'm the only person my age I've met who knows both Latin and ancient Greek.

- After years of dealing with crap, I've got a great set of really talented friends, including arists, musicians and even actresses/theater actresses.

- I've also learnt the violin, which is something I never thought I'd do.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Let's see:

- I've learnt the bass. It's been my dream since I was 6 to play bass, and now I've got one, I'm composing and I've done session work.

- I pick up languages pretty easily and I'm the only person my age I've met who knows both Latin and ancient Greek.

- After years of dealing with crap, I've got a great set of really talented friends, including arists, musicians and even actresses/theater actresses.

- I've also learnt the violin, which is something I never thought I'd do.

I'm glad you based the value of your friends on their merit and not their occupation or social position....oh wait.
I've invented my own way to change tunings with Floating Trems that reduces that time it takes to change tunings from 15-30 minutes to around 3 minutes.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by GaijinFoot
I'm glad you based the value of your friends on their merit and not their occupation or social position....oh wait.

What are you talking about?!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
What are you talking about?!

Well, you had a great opportunity to talk about how wonderful your friends are and look what you did.
No mention of personality or kindness. You just listed their jobs like it somehow puts you on the same social status as them.
It's very telling that you value your friends by those merits and not on their personalities.
Quote by GaijinFoot
Well, you had a great opportunity to talk about how wonderful your friends are and look what you did.
No mention of personality or kindness. You just listed their jobs like it somehow puts you on the same social status as them.
It's very telling that you value your friends by those merits and not on their personalities.

Actually I was referring to their talents: most of my friends are university students and the things I mention are stuff they've done outside of their degree programme or interests they hold outside of academia.
Without sounding big headed, I'm proud of the kind of friend I am. I get told a lot that I'm a really nice and honest person, and I've got friends who tell me stuff that they'd trust with no one else. I'm proud that I can be there for them and help them when they're not feeling as good as they normally are.

I'm also proud that after month's of being unhappy with my body, I've worked up the motivation to go out and do regular exercise, and through it have become better friends with people I hadn't talked to in a long time.
Last edited by Masshuu at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Actually I was referring to their talents: most of my friends are university students and the things I mention are stuff they've done outside of their degree programme or interests they hold outside of academia.

All you did there was highlight that I mislabelled 'talent'. It doesn't detract from the fact that you value them on what they do and not how they are.
Don't worry about it. It's just a school boy error and no one really cares.
You should care, though.
I'm proud of the fact that I can be friends with people of all classes ( preps, jocks, nerds, stoners, bitches and nice girls etc etc) I don't really fit in with any of them but I can't think of one enemy I have as far as school life goes. Also proud that I've never done any type of drug or been drunk. I don't need any regular meds either. I'm just a survivor.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Page 1 of 3