I just found out about this amazing amp today. It seems like its pretty awesome has anyone on here had any experience with one. I wouldn't mind getting one, but the only thing is it doesn't seem like band material. Would it be loud enough to jam with a band or even do a small gig, or is it just a bed room type amp?
Quote by dizzle_312
I just found out about this amazing amp today. It seems like its pretty awesome has anyone on here had any experience with one. I wouldn't mind getting one, but the only thing is it doesn't seem like band material. Would it be loud enough to jam with a band or even do a small gig, or is it just a bed room type amp?

Dude its a half of a watt and its called 'Nano...' What do you think?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's 1watt, it'll be fine to just play in your room, it probably sounds good aswell being made by ZVex, much better than those silly Marshall mini stack things (I have the Marshall :P).

I highly doubt it'll be loud enough to jam with anyone with though, though I've never actually used one myself, still doubt it though.

It also seems to be a lot of money for what it is.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Get the Red Iron Lil Mo for $100 less. It's much nicer and built with easier to source components than the ZVex which is an overpriced project IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Well after hearing some other review they said the thing is louder than it may seem and another review the guy said that it was too loud for him to play in his apt. so I was just wondering and wanted to hear what you guys had to say. Thanks for the rest of the input I'll have to look into the Red Iron.
^even though it may be too loud for the guy to crank in his apartment, keep in mind that some people have different noise levels they find 'ideal' to play at

it'll probably be able to get pretty loud for bedroom use, but you've gotta be louder than you think if you're playing with a drummer
haha. the lil mo or the reason are way better.
the zvex nano uses half of a 12ax7 as it's power output. vomit.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by james4
^even though it may be too loud for the guy to crank in his apartment, keep in mind that some people have different noise levels they find 'ideal' to play at

This is true, and was just about to point that out. What I consider to be ok my mother considers unbearable. I also have specialized earplugs that I use, so I don't really think about how loud it is to other people.......
But my neighbors have gotten used to it, and every time somebody new moves into the neighborhood, I crank my amp louder than normal and play for longer than usual. That way they feel blessed when I play shorter periods at lower volume

it'll probably be able to get pretty loud for bedroom use, but you've gotta be louder than you think if you're playing with a drummer

This sort of depends on the drummer. I've played with some guys where we were jamming on some really laid back blues tunes, and they were loud as hell, and I've played with metal drummers who are almost whisper-quite.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Why not just buy any other amp with a gain and volume control for a lot less money? What is the point?
Im already set on buying a Mesa Boogie F 50 I just wanted to know if these were any good.They just interested me because of their simplicity and size and seemed to have pretty decent tone. If I were to ever get one it would be in the future like maybe when I go to college. Thanks for everything
They seem kinda gimmicky to me.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
If you ever dreamed of building your own amp, a circuit like that would be the one to tackle.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."