Does anyone have them? I think they're meant to be out on Thomann. I haven't heard enough to decide whether I want to plonk that much money on a 1x10 combo.
From the youtube vids it sounds fecking amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBxAerqnwrs
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
holy dick!

with the mid boost, that thing sounds fantastic! where and how much?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
TS i hate you

i was going to post a thread on this, i woulda been king of UG for 20 minutes

u bastard

messing btw...

It looks a pretty decent amp

im considering the 15 watt head with a decent cab

I reckon the price will be about the 400 mark

just a guess
Euros/pounds/dollars?

A 15 watt Engl head sounds decent, as long as it's less than $1000.

IMO 10 inch speakers aren't very appealing, for metal.

EDIT: didn't see the vid.

It sounds alright.
Last edited by Tedward at Jun 11, 2010,
^ i think the dude in the vid says it's not really for metal...

EDIT: i think it's about 400 quid
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i think the dude in the vid says it's not really for metal...

EDIT: i think it's about 400 quid

with a boost it could get into metal, i reckon
Quote by Tedward
Euros/pounds/dollars?

A 15 watt Engl head sounds decent, as long as it's less than $1000.

IMO 10 inch speakers aren't very appealing, for metal.
I don't think it's designed to be a metal amp. ENGL have pretty much all metal covered with their amps. They don't have a low wattage rock amp, though... Which is why we have this creation. I'm guessing at least.
actually he might be saying that channel one isn't for heavy metal. It doesn't sound super heavy even in channel 2, but there's easily enough there for hard rock (plus he's using a strat).

it sounds pretty nice from the vids, at least. If I didn't already have an engl, I'd be very interested in one.

EDIT: ^ yeah, pretty much. I'm guessing that at most, it'll be like the screamer- ability to hit metal, but not aimed all-out at it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That sounded awfully heavily for using a strat. He wasn't playing very heavy is the thing, just bluesy leads. I get tired of all stuff being demod that way.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
That sounded awfully heavily for using a strat. He wasn't playing very heavy is the thing, just bluesy leads. I get tired of all stuff being demod that way.

Yeah, some chuggies at the least would've been nice. Still, it sounded pretty sweet.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
yeah, that's the one thing i'm not fussed on either. don't get me wrong, i love strats and lower gain stuff, but most people looking at engls want to see brootz. there's not much point in showing the versatility of it if you alienate your core audience (and the blues guys probably aren't looking at engls anyway).

plus several different guitars would be good.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Funny enough I saw a blues guy last night using a small ENGL 1x12 combo. He used a LP, a Strat and an electo and all of them had excellent punch for his needs. His other guitarist was playing a Strat through a Mesa 2x12 of some kind and there was just nothing to cut through. Maybe that bit of distortion he was using just didn't do it.
Well impressed with the ENGL though but the band were not good enough for me to stay and find out details.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

That sounds amazing. I presume it would be loud enough for band practise and small gigs right? if so, just waiting for a price tag

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
^ it's on thomann (and some other german sites) already. iirc around £400-£450 for the head, and a bit more for the combo (like £100 more?)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
US price is $850 for the combo, $750 for the head.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Line-Out with speaker-sim. Why did they call it Gigmaster? It looks more like a nifty little recording amp to me.

Anyway, I didn't have any GAS for a week or so and now this. FUCK YOU, internet, FUCK YOU.

If this thing is any good, it'll sell like crazy around here, which means I'll be able to pick up a used one for 350€ or so within a year or two. Hehe.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ it's on thomann (and some other german sites) already. iirc around £400-£450 for the head, and a bit more for the combo (like £100 more?)

Oh wow thanks. I guess it will be choice between a new amp or fretless bass at the end of the year.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by TheQuailman
Line-Out with speaker-sim. Why did they call it Gigmaster? It looks more like a nifty little recording amp to me.

Anyway, I didn't have any GAS for a week or so and now this. FUCK YOU, internet, FUCK YOU.

If this thing is any good, it'll sell like crazy around here, which means I'll be able to pick up a used one for 350€ or so within a year or two. Hehe.

Hmm, good point. Ideally it should take a lot less than that to go fairy cheap. I might just wait another few months.
That's a nice sounding little amp, especially with the mid boost. though I wouldn't pay that much for an amp not suited for my main playing styles
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by metallicafan616
Oh wow thanks. I guess it will be choice between a new amp or fretless bass at the end of the year.

no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmmm...

Throwing the idea around in my head of getting a new "mini" amp for general use...

Quite tempted to get one of these and a HT-5 A/B'd

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page