OK so today I was at Guitar Center and i asked the dude what could I tune down in some drop tunings he gave me some Not even slinky Strings they are 12 16 24p 32 44 56 so whats the highest I could tune these to without messing up my neck and them breaking?

Thanks for the help.
D Standard. maybe even Eb standard. I'm using 13-65 for Drop C.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Those can play in standard E. You will most likely need to adjust the neck but it wont damage it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Lol I went all the way to E standard, and haven't had a problem. I play a Schecter Gryphon.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
I've got 11-60 in B standard, and your neck won't break unless you put something stupid like extra heavy bass strings and tuned those up. Tune to whatever tension is comfortable for you to play on then adjust your truss rod(only if needed) and raise the action to what you need and there you go.
You should read up on SRV. Thick strings on a Strat neck. Even though they were tuned down to Eb. Btw he used 13's and thicker.
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Quote by Wolf 6
You should read up on SRV. Thick strings on a Strat neck. Even though they were tuned down to Eb. Btw he used 13's and thicker.

I heard he once had 18's on his strat...
Quote by salgala2000

Wouldn't those be like, bass strings? That'd be so hard on a neck..
Quote by salgala2000

...So for his Low E did he use a power line??? lol
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Wouldn't those be like, bass strings? That'd be so hard on a neck..

Yea they'd be super thick... I can't imagine how much his hands must hurt after a gig.
Those can play in standard perfectly fine and are well suited for Drop C IMO. And I just have to say, Lol at everyone saying that 13s can damage your neck. If they could they wouldn't be sold as guitar strings. You'd probably have trouble putting baritone strings on your guitar though unless you drop tuned but even then I think the strings might break before the neck does. (I think a set of .14s would still be safe to put on a neck but I haven't tried it myself)
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by Wolf 6

Yeah, his 1st string was a .013 but the .015 B is like the one in a .011 set, the .019 plain G is the one I play in a .012 set, the .028 and .038 D and A are from a .011 set again, and then there's that giant low E. lol

At least that's what several sources say: 0.013, 0.015, 0.019 (unwound), 0.028, 0.038, 0.058.

Also, many jazz guys play heavy strings, they usually don't bend much though.
Quote by Wolf 6
...So for his Low E did he use a power line??? lol

as crazy as i am ive never used 18s

only 15s Dead guaged
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I've gone as far as 11s on a strat tuned to standard E without any problem but in the end I found them uncomfortable for bending. Now I just use 9s and like them alot. In some ways the 11s had a nice tone but I would rather by able to bend easier.
How do I adjust a truss rod?

Also, is there any tutorials on playing guitar that low/? I'm new to the whole really low a and such like I think lowest I have been was C and it was for only a few minutes...

So I can tune up to e standered without problem on an Ibanez RG 180 or something like that I forget exactly what its called sorry.