im thinking of making a youtube acoustic guitar cover, but i cant think of how to get decent audio. anyone know how?
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
hate to say it as it's too obvious. but a decent mic would be your answer.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Yeah the better the recording the less it'll matter when youtube ****s up your video. There's tons of good stuff on getting good quality audio in the recording section.
should i record it beforehand and edit the sound into the video?
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Personally, I wouldn't with an acoustic cover. I'd do that with a song that has a fuller mix eg. several guitars, drums .etc

A digi cam should be decent enough for an acoustic cover.
Record at standard CD quality for audio and then put up some video or image in at at least 1280x720 resolution.
The higher resolution will trick YouTube and won't compress everything so much making the audio quality much better in the end.