I recently purchased the 112 ext cab to go with my Hot Rod Deluxe which I have had for about 10 years. I love the way the Hot Rod Deluxe sounds with both my Strat and my Les Paul even some of my cheaper guitars sound good on it. I was so satisfied with it that I decided to get the extension cab even though I had read some mixed reviews. I am not happy with the extension cab at all. I am not able to get any warmth out of it and it adds to much punch for my playing style and not enough sustain. The bass sounds flat to me and the highs are too shrill. The cabinet is well made though and I would like to replace the speaker in it. I have heard almost every type of speaker recommended but let me tell you what I am looking for. I want a speaker with clarity and rich tone that will match or complement the Emenince that is in my HRD. The problems that I have with the Celestion 80 in my ext cab is that it seems to make the strings almost sound like they pop or thump when I play them, this is more noticable when soloing or riffing than when strumming chords. I am open to any brand speaker, I have no predjudices. I am really looking for one that is between 50.00 and 150.00, but if going higher is a must, then so be it. Any advice?
Dude... paragraphs.

With that aside, how long have you worked the cabinet out for? I remember hearing several times that new speakers tend to sound... off. Also at what volume are you using it? If you're dead set on new speakers I'd check out: http://warehousespeakers.com/index.php
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."