Page 1 of 2
Yes I know some people are going to say "Drug Thread" but I think this topic strays away from the drug thread as it's not about its uses or anything, but how its evolved over the years.
In the 60's we had marijuana and LSD.
In the 70's there was marijuana, mushrooms, ecstacy, and cocaine became pretty popular.
In the 80's it was marijuana, cocaine, heroin.
For the 90's the biggest one I can think of is methamphetamines.

Now im sure I missed a few or something, I just did the off the top of my head, but my point is: What do you think is the most prominent and socially acceptable drug as of right now? And do you think there will be a new drug fad coming soon? Maybe with a newly discovered drug or something of the sorts?
Quote by StewieSwan
prescription pills man

But strawberries are a close second.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by StewieSwan
prescription pills man

/Thread
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Mephedrone. AKA the world's shittiest drug.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by true_bacon22
Most of those drugs existed before said era sooo...

I didnt say those were created in those times. They had a popularity increase, i'm pretty sure I put all those drugs in their right time periods.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
A refreshing stroll in the park.

I actually find that sentence more enjoyable than the actual activity.
Research chemicals aka designer drugs. 2C-E, 2C-I, Mephedrone, 4-ACO-DMT, 5-MEO-DMT to name a few out of the very, very many. Most of them are still legal in places other than the UK and easy to order in huge amounts.
Drug wise, marijuana reform is probably what our generation will be known for. I think it's pretty crazy how popular marijuana is now. I think it's probably even more popular than it was in the 60's and 70's because our parents generation now was the original hippie generation. Plus, there have been some groundbreaking sets of laws that have been passed in our time, such as the vote on legalization in California this year (which polls indicate 51% are now in favor) and the medical marijuana system, even though the Federal law still gives us a ton of shit.

The war on drugs between the US and Mexico will probably be a staple of our generation too.
At the moment I'd probably say ecstacy.

Marijuana is still smoked a lot, and considered socially acceptable generally (you get a few irritable individuals who like to preach against it, but they don't count).
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
A refreshing stroll in the park.
Yeah man. I walked past this alleyway the other day, and there was at least 5-6 people lying there absolutely off their faces on some damn fine refreshing park strolls.

Or it could've been some weird hallucination from all the strawberries.
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 11, 2010,
The liquefied adrenal glands of Nepalese children.

EDIT:
Quote by Kensai
I take moon sugar and skooma all the time

Hey man, I heard Lorkmir has some good stuff!
Haven't seen him for a while though...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Jun 11, 2010,
I take moon sugar and skooma all the time
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Mephedrone is rising in popularity.

To be honest, TS, I see a pretty relevant interest in psychedelics.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by codynw42
I didnt say those were created in those times. They had a popularity increase, i'm pretty sure I put all those drugs in their right time periods.

Okay, but think, they had been popular even farther back, as far back as the 1880s(except for Meth and LSD), they only declined in popularity because they got outlawed. So check history for other drugs that were big. Maybe pure Opium will come back...
Quote by StewieSwan
prescription pills man

'Scripts have always been popular, but it's this new wave of anti-depressants that have defined the drug culture of the last decade.

Quote by true_bacon22
Most of those drugs existed before said era sooo...

I think TS meant what drugs are commonly associated with each era.
Quote by true_bacon22
Okay, but think, they had been popular even farther back, as far back as the 1880s(except for Meth and LSD), they only declined in popularity because they got outlawed. So check history for other drugs that were big. Maybe pure Opium will come back...

Opium has always been huge in Asia.

Quote by huevos
'Scripts have always been popular, but it's this new wave of anti-depressants that have defined the drug culture of the last decade.

Anti-depressants have 0 recreational value.
-Jim Morrison
Round my area, the 2Cx family has become pretty popular. Just a phase though, 'cause these people (for the most part) don't like psychadelics.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Salvia....

/thread

edit - sorry i spelled it wrong the first time lol

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Last edited by EMGs_rule at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by EMGs_rule
Salvia

/thread

Fix't.

Yeah, this is true.

Although people generally treat it like "This shit makes you think you're an inanimate object, and it's legal so it's okay!" instead of the respect it deserves.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Fix't.

Yeah, this is true.

Although people generally treat it like "This shit makes you think you're an inanimate object, and it's legal so it's okay!" instead of the respect it deserves.

I try to use it as more of a spiritual thing rather than getting high, i use weed for that lol

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by huevos

It's been more amphetamines and benzodiazepines for recreational use.
Quote by EMGs_rule
I try to use it as more of a spiritual thing rather than getting high, i use weed for that lol

How the hell salvia is meant to be used for spirituality is beyond me...

As for what is going to be popular, I think its the ganja man's time again.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Jun 11, 2010,
Some friends I was with were doing this asphyxiation thing where they wind up passing out and going into convulsions. Hours later, they were trying to achieve the same effect from inhaling really deep on this thing my other friend uses to inflate his air mattress. They actually thought it was getting them high.

So yeah, I'm going with battery-powered air mattress inflator for drug of the decade.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by IDread
How the hell salvia is meant to be used for spirituality is beyond me...

As for what is going to be popular, I think its the ganja man's time again.

I've asked the same question over concerning your drug of choice.
Page 1 of 2