Like practically all of you, i sometimes have days where my guitar playing for some reason or another isn't up to scratch. I'd assume professional artists get this too, but what if they get it whilst on tour? I dont think a professional band as big as AC/DC would go on stage playing sloppily. How do they overcome this?
Alexi Laiho takes a day or two off, then goes back to it, and it seems to work for him so.....
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Professionals just get paid for what we do. They have days without inspiration and they have days they suck at guitar. They just deal with it.
They just work/press thought it

I once read that even kirk hammett sometimes plays bad some days and thinks "wow I suck today" but he still presses on.

I think someone told me that some lessons by tommy emmanual (sp?) in the magazine i collect he does ofter apologise saying his hand is cramping today, but he still trys to give the lesson (his lessons look abit to advance for me at the moment)
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
I'm sure there's no one answer one to this, since everyone, even pro's deal with it their own way but I'd image they just do it. I mean they're getting paid, and no one is gonna call them out for missing a few notes or messing up. Plus, when I was playing gigs more often I seemed to have less days that a guitar didn't feel right in my hands.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by dragozan
Like practically all of you, i sometimes have days where my guitar playing for some reason or another isn't up to scratch. I'd assume professional artists get this too, but what if they get it whilst on tour? I dont think a professional band as big as AC/DC would go on stage playing sloppily. How do they overcome this?

I've played as a sideman, and the answer is you suck it up and play anyways. Plenty of bands go on plenty of stages "playing sloppy". No decent musician wants to do it, but sometimes you have a room full of paying customers and no other choice. Hell, I played a gig with a broken finger on my fretting hand once.

One thing that does seem to help is to simplify your parts where possible. Well, that and strong coffee.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Most professionals have just reduced their mistakes to a minimal level. Even Joe Satch and Jeff Beck have crap nights. Just hope you didn't drop $60 to see that show!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Seeing my favorite bands have a sloppy show>Not seeing my favorite bands at all
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09