Poll: When comparing yourself in the mirror and pictures...
Poll Options
View poll results: When comparing yourself in the mirror and pictures...
I notice a difference and I look better in the mirror.
132 70%
I notice a difference and I look better in pictures.
16 8%
I don't notice a difference.
22 12%
I don't know.
19 10%
Voters: 189.
Page 1 of 2
Easy question, do you? Well hopefully you know what I mean anyway.

Personally, whenever I look in the mirror I think my face is quite symmetrical, but in pictures I'm always very assymetrical. I know some people think they look the same in pictures and people who don't so I know there are different point of views.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No, I look worse on pictures due to different lighting...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
i always look beautiful in the mirror and bad in pictures. i have to rough myself up so that people dont get too distracted.
now extra flamey
Yeah, when I look at most photos of me it's a really different person. To me, anyway.

I look better in the mirror
I feel like I look different every time I catch a glimpse of myself.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Yeah I think I look a lot better in the mirror than in pictures.

Not that I look bad in either
The mirror adds 10 lbs

I take horrible pics...the mirror agrees with me. We just gave each other a thumbs up.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
when i look in the mirror, i try to convince myself that i look good. then i can focus on the important things.
Quote by the_hoodster
What about, a photo of your reflection in a mirror?

<- Myspace is that way.
I look bad in both, but slightly tolerable in the mirror.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
The mirror is your reflection, and a picture isn't. So a picture is different since it isn't backwards.

I look better when the lights are dim or off.
Last edited by NoOne0507 at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by Kensai
Easy question, do you? Well hopefully you know what I mean anyway.

Personally, whenever I look in the mirror I think my face is quite symmetrical, but in pictures I'm always very assymetrical. I know some people think they look the same in pictures and people who don't so I know there are different point of views.

The reason you look better in the mirror is because most peoples faces are slightly assymetrical and you see yourself in the mirror different than the way everybody else sees you. When you see yourself in a picture, you're seeing what everyone usually sees, and to you that looks weird.
Look at a mirror together with a friend and concentrate on their face...you'll notice that he/she looks different than always.
I look equally terrible in both forms, although in different ways.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by djoshi
The reason you look better in the mirror is because most peoples faces are slightly assymetrical and you see yourself in the mirror different than the way everybody else sees you. When you see yourself in a picture, you're seeing what everyone usually sees, and to you that looks weird.
Look at a mirror together with a friend and concentrate on their face...you'll notice that he/she looks different than always.

What?

You know how eyes work aye? If we saw ourselves differently to how others see us it would always apply.

In mirrors you can see how you look and adjust yourself subconsciously whereas in a photo you look as much a twat as usual.

I always look better (to myself, anyway) in the mirror.

I think it has something to do with the way we perceive ourselves. The majority of our self-image is determined in front of the mirror, so when confronted with pictures of ourselves we look flipped, any slight imperfections are way more apparent to us. But everyone else thinks the photos look fine. (This drives me insane because I have a bit of residual crossjaw. My face looks normal in front of the mirror, so in pictures my jaw seems twice as out of place to me than it actually is.)
I look better in the mirror for sure. I'm filled with dread when I those emails saying '_____ tagged a photo of you'

I'm much better when holding the camera
Last edited by vitchb at Jun 11, 2010,
Mirror... I don't even know why. I might look at myself in a mirror, look fine, and then take a picture without moving but somehow end up looking ridiculously bored or tired. Cameras hate me.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by metallicafan616
What?

You know how eyes work aye? If we saw ourselves differently to how others see us it would always apply.

In mirrors you can see how you look and adjust yourself subconsciously whereas in a photo you look as much a twat as usual.

No.

Mirrors show a reflection, pictures are not a reflection. In your reflection left is right and right is left. Its not that way in a picture.
Quote by NoOne0507
No.

Mirrors show a reflection, pictures are not a reflection. In your reflection left is right and right is left. Its not that way in a picture.

That's not what he meant. At all. He was implying we see what we want to see of ourselves - but only in mirrors which is ridiculous if nothing else.

I don't have a reflection.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
A mirror is always head on to your face, when I see pics from the side it looks weird.
Quote by Jackal58
I don't have a reflection.

My mirror acts like the painting of dorian grey, much worse condition really.

Quote by metallicafan616
That's not what he meant. At all. He was implying we see what we want to see of ourselves - but only in mirrors which is ridiculous if nothing else.

uh, no. I was implying that you only see yourself in the mirror which flips everything around ( right is left and vice versa). In pictures you see yourself the way everyone else does so you look different.
I look better in the mirror, why?

Because all my pictures from the past five or so years were from when I had freakishly long hair, now it's all short and spiky.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
I look like ass in the mirror, and in photos. Plus, my facr makes the under 7's cry at a range of up to 20 paces.
I know I do.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I don't notice a difference tbh, I look good in some pics, others I don't, same result as when I look in the mirror!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Sometimes I look like a handsome guy in the mirror, sometimes I look like a handsome guy in pictures. I find most of the time though, I look better in the mirror then in pics.
But that's not saying a lot.
I notice no distinction.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Page 1 of 2