Okay basically I want to spend around 300-600 dollars on my new equipment. Right now i have a cheap fender 10-watt amp and it pisses me off. I play BFMV, THREE DAYS GRACE, LINKIN PARK, RHCP, and most other bands that fit in this genre.

I really want an amp but, have no idea what to look for. I want to obtain the the sound my favorite bands produce. Pedals are something i can wait for but I want to go get an amp asap. I have an ibanez black night i don't plan on buying another guitar for a while. Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU

I live in the U.S. west coast played guitar for about three years maybe less i was really stuck on acoustic now i want to try my hind on electric
RAWL
Last edited by King R at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by stykerwolf
Location?
Cause if you're in the US, you could get a 5150/6505/whatever

I do but what's a 5150/6505?
RAWL
Quote by King R
I do but what's a 5150/6505?

Peavey makes them. They're the same amp, but Peavey had to change the name because of an EVH lawsuit. Anyways, I think it'll give you what you're looking for. Many, many metal players use them.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Is this for home practice or gigging?
Will you go used?
Do you want a tube amp?
Bugera 6262 is a good alternative to the 6505. Its supposed to have better cleans and quite a few people prefer it to the 6505.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by salgala2000
Is this for home practice or gigging?
Will you go used?
Do you want a tube amp?

It's for home practice, I don't think my parents will let me get something used what's a tube amp? i seriously need help
RAWL
A tube amp uses vacuum tubes (like old radios) to amplify the signal. They're generally considered better than SS amps, but that's not to say a crappy tube amp will be better than a high quality SS. They also appear to be louder per watt compare to a SS.

SS (solid state) amps use transistors to amplify the signal. They can remain very clean at high volumes but when they do distort its harsher, buzzsaw like at times. So they're better for jazz and such were you need a lot of clean headroom.

The above recommended amps are all 100/120watt amps, so they're way louder than you need. But while they won't sound as great at low volumes you'll have the ability to gig/play in a band if you ever want to. TBH a 5-10w amp will only be a little bit quieter, maybe ~12db.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Last edited by robertito696 at Jun 11, 2010,