Uhh...purpose?

Are you looking to buy? Because if not this thread is useless.

The V is a tad more unwieldy when sitting (not impossible, but a pain in the ass)
People tend to either love or hate EMGs.

So I don't think these guitars should even be compared to each other. It's just too random.
Quote by siverstorm
Uhh...purpose?

Are you looking to buy? Because if not this thread is useless.

The V is a tad more unwieldy when sitting (not impossible, but a pain in the ass)
People tend to either love or hate EMGs.

So I don't think these guitars should even be compared to each other. It's just too random.

Yes i'm planning to buy one of the guitars, my birthday is soon and i'm using my own money (unfortunately) and i want my money to go into a guitar thats worth the money if you know what i mean

I play metal mostly and some hard rock
I'd get the soloist but i like the pickups on the V more. I hate the look and feel of V's though.. Do you like EMG's?
I've seen a lot of your other threads and you don't really seem to know what you want...at all...

Those guitars are two incredibly different beasts.

If it were up to me I'd get a Soloist with passives and a TOM like the SLS3.
I'd say go to Guitar Center, and play guitars in your price range, and see which ones feel and sound the best. Because nobody can really help you between these two guitars. They're both good guitars, but they're just too different, it would come down to preference.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
I'd say go to Guitar Center, and play guitars in your price range, and see which ones feel and sound the best. Because nobody can really help you between these two guitars. They're both good guitars, but they're just too different, it would come down to preference.

I won't time to try most guitars in that range because after i get my guitar, i need to prepare for the party (birthday)
Quote by Awfulplayer
Get a used SL1, KV2 or RR1 instead.

This. Buy the real deal rather than an import.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by Awfulplayer

Agreed
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Awfulplayer

this but,

i would most probably get the normal SL3,not SL3MG..why?i hate active pups(specifically EMG's)and the Kv5FR is ok but its a little hard to play sitting down..but you will get used to it over the time..

and if you are going for the KV5,dont get the bolted steel finish or whatever.That really looks bloody awful