I'm just wondering if there are artists in the hard rock genre that don't really do the wide stretch soloing? I have tried it but its so unconfortable that i just give up. I mainly just do chromatic style with slides and pull offs. Is that just me or do some of you guys find it a little awkward as well. I was just wondering if there are artists that dont really use the wide style and just stick to the basics when they solo?
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
It's hard to pin down any names, but keep practicing moderate stretching. It will get more comfortable as your fingers strengthen. DO NOT play stretches that hurt. (I did this, it sucks. A lot.)
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by hockeyplayer168
It's hard to pin down any names, but keep practicing moderate stretching. It will get more comfortable as your fingers strengthen. DO NOT play stretches that hurt. (I did this, it sucks. A lot.)

How do muscles stretch without any pain? It's suposed to be demanding. Not like dying of pain. But if you don't feel that you're stretching... then I don't think you're actually stretching xD
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.
Quote by dimebag70
I'm just wondering if there are artists in the hard rock genre that don't really do the wide stretch soloing? I have tried it but its so unconfortable that i just give up. I mainly just do chromatic style with slides and pull offs. Is that just me or do some of you guys find it a little awkward as well. I was just wondering if there are artists that dont really use the wide style and just stick to the basics when they solo?

I generally don't do it - the guitar is set up so that all the notes are right there - no more than 5 frets apart. Sometime other considerations mandate a bigger reach, but in general you should be learning the fretboard so you know where the notes you want can be found on the nearby frets.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.