Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with learning rythm.. thanks for the help!
What type of rythm? It REALLY varies by genre. Are we talking rock, metal, blues, jazz, folk, post-rock, what genre?
Use a metronome and learn rhythm parts of songs you like.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by ciadude2
What type of rythm? It REALLY varies by genre. Are we talking rock, metal, blues, jazz, folk, post-rock, what genre?

Just really baisc rhythm. Like G/C/D Chord proggresion basic
Well, I think you could either do, like you said those basic chords, or you could also do power chords in the key of whatever lead(if any) is in the song. Power chords obviously would be more geared towards heavier stuff like rock, blues, metal, etc. but could fit about anything. Normal chords don't react well to distortion in my experience unless it's very light.

Like I said, depending on the genre, different things work better.

As for tips, I would just try to stay at an even pace(like 1 chord for every 2 lead notes or something like that) and if you have trouble keeping steady and can't count beats in your head get a metronome. Rhythm playing is fairly simple. Sorry for the late reply. Let me know if I didn't answer the question in the way you wanted or if you have another question or something. I'll do my best to answer.
Quote by ciadude2
Well, I think you could either do, like you said those basic chords, or you could also do power chords in the key of whatever lead(if any) is in the song. Power chords obviously would be more geared towards heavier stuff like rock, blues, metal, etc. but could fit about anything. Normal chords don't react well to distortion in my experience unless it's very light.

Like I said, depending on the genre, different things work better.

As for tips, I would just try to stay at an even pace(like 1 chord for every 2 lead notes or something like that) and if you have trouble keeping steady and can't count beats in your head get a metronome. Rhythm playing is fairly simple. Sorry for the late reply. Let me know if I didn't answer the question in the way you wanted or if you have another question or something. I'll do my best to answer.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm trying to learn strumming... That wasn't very well-worded. Thank you ALL for the responses!
Well there are a few strum patterns but mostly I would just suggest practicing to make sure you don't hit any unwanted strings lol.