Short and sweet.
I have an Avatar 2x10 neo cab and it is 8 ohms. I want to wire it to be 4 ohms.

Can this be done with minimal experience? If so, how would one go about such a thing (supplies)? I believe the avatar website has the wiring plans for both versions.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Short and sweet.
I have an Avatar 2x10 neo cab and it is 8 ohms. I want to wire it to be 4 ohms.

Can this be done with minimal experience? If so, how would one go about such a thing (supplies)? I believe the avatar website has the wiring plans for both versions.
You cannot do it with the speakers that are in the cab.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
errrmmmm...
Guess ill just save up for another 8 ohm cab, then?
Quote by c3powil
errrmmmm...
Guess ill just save up for another 8 ohm cab, then?

or save up for some new speakers
Im thinking about selling my rig anyway. A carvin 1000 watt head and an Avatar 2x10 cab for....600 bucks?
I spent 750 overal on it, but the Avatar was new. Thinking about a markbass combo. I really love those things.
Quote by c3powil
Im thinking about selling my rig anyway. A carvin 1000 watt head and an Avatar 2x10 cab for....600 bucks?
I spent 750 overal on it, but the Avatar was new. Thinking about a markbass combo. I really love those things.

If you love it, buy it. Nothing objective about amps (unless it's Behringer ). If you think you'd prefer that, go for it.
As an explanation for why you can't wire it down, the speakers that come in it are both 16 ohm and are wired in parallel to equal an 8 ohm load, the only other way they can be wired is to do it in series creating a 32 ohm load.

As for what you should do, I agree with you I really love Markbass stuff but yea buying another 210 at 8 ohms would work as well giving you a 4 ohm final load
Even if you can wire it into 4 ohms, 2x10 speakers aren't going to be that much louder.
Would you actually need the whole 1000 watts pumping out?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
hey i might buy the cab if you will take like 200 have to wait for my financial aid to come in at the end of summer/begining of school
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by fleajr_1412
Would you actually need the whole 1000 watts pumping out?

Heck no. Ive learned through buying that amp that I will probably never need more than 500. Thats one reason why I want to sell it. Another is its probably a 70 ish pound rig and I cant carry that up and down stairs for practice.

^Maby Id sell it for 225 + shipping. Its in mint condition. Im taking it to a place today or tomarrow so I may not have it.