Ok. I currently have $1k to buy a new amp. Since I have a Line 6 Spider I am getting desperate and from time to time I hate music thanks to that piece of CRAP my friend made me buy. I was doing some window shopping and reading reviews on the VOX amps and Im in love with their sound.
I was hoping someone could PLEASE explain how much of a difference there is between the AC30C2 and the AC30VR. I know the VR is half the price and it is a hybrid amo if Im not mistaken. Should I spend the $1k or buy the half priced one? What are the major differences?

I would love to save $500 but If I reall really really have to Ill buy the 1k one..

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME UG!
If your looking for a tube amp, which you should with that budget, i would get a higher quality amp and go used. Going used with amps is no nearly as bad as going used with guitars. How loud do you need it to be? What type of music do you play?
the ac30c2 is a tube amp. the ac30vr is not really.

Do you need 30 watts? You realize that you'll almost never get it to break up.
The ac15c2 they have right now for 499 is a hell of a bargain. 2 greenbacks new costs 400.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I would like an amp to play small gigs at clubs and bars so ill need something loud but not arena loud... I like playing lots of rock (a lot of White Stripes-ish music to be precise..)
Quote by AcousticMirror

The ac15c2 they have right now for 499 is a hell of a bargain. 2 greenbacks new costs 400.

Come on, there really isn't that much of a difference in 15w less.

I can say that i've played the new Vox's, they're pretty great. It's cleans were very nice and you can get a great classic crunch out of it. I didn't really try the tremelo but i really liked the reverb, the only problem with that is that it's hard to get just a slight reverb on it, but then again i love a deep one.

Especially with the Greenbacks, it's a vast improvement on the Custom Classics
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by AcousticMirror

Well, he could get break up by turning up the volume and leaving the master volume low.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I'm just saying if he doesn't need to have 30 watts he can save 500 just by going for the ac15c2 instead of the ac30.
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'm just saying if he doesn't need to have 30 watts he can save 500 just by going for the ac15c2 instead of the ac30.

You have a point there.

I'm surprised there's such a price gap between them.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by AcousticMirror
we're talking about the custom here not the original or the heritage.

Have you tried the custom though?

If its closer to the ac30 than the ac15 custom classic then id do it.

I dont like the ac15cc much. But the 30 i loved.
They just updated the ac15. It's much much better then the old one. The ac15cc1 I think.

The thing is that there are a bunch of ac15s and a bunch of ac30s that vox made.
The classic ac15 is the ef86 channel + a 12ax7 channel.

The Matchless DC30/C-30 is based on the first few AC30s which was tube rectified ef86, 12ax7 2 channels.

Vox now has the heritage ac15s which are like 1000 right which is the re-issue of the original ac15.

The custom classics are based on another era of Ac30s which is the ac30 with no ef86, either top boost or no top boost which came out later but was also very popular and widely used. The ac15 custom classic they have is a later ac15 that was based on the ac30 top boost that came out after the ac15 ef86 and after the ac30 ef86.

So the heritages are similar to each other in 15 and 30 watt forms and the ac30cc/ac15cc are similar to each other. The old ac15s kinda sucks. the new ac15cc has been updated with new speakers and improved.
OK apparently I just opened a door to a whole new world.. What do you mean when you say "Do you need 30 watts? You realize that you'll almost never get it to break up."? Is the 30w Ac30VR gig worthy? Price wise?