Hi, about an hour ago, I just bought some .10-.46 DR dimebag strings out of blind faith in dimebag darrell. They are "nickel plated steel on hexacore". I want to know if that is a good thing, if I made a good buy, and if the stay well in tune on normal tuning. I was in dire need of strings and if dimebag used them, then I cant go wrong, right?

Im using an RG321mh, it has a fixed bridge and currently has mucky stock .9 strings. Ive never changed strings correctly. No string has ever snapped on me, but my problem is that when I change strings, the action gets all wrong , and i dont adjust action well at all. Is there an easy tecnique I can use to change from .9s to .10s.
Quote by bustapr
if dimebag used them, then I cant go wrong, right?

There is soooo much wrong with that sentence!

Quote by bustapr
No string has ever snapped on me, but my problem is that when I change strings, the action gets all wrong , and i dont adjust action well at all. Is there an easy tecnique I can use to change from .9s to .10s.

There's a string changing forum in Electric guitar where all string changing questions have been answered.
Honestly I think your best bet at this point is to take it to a shop and have it done there. Atleast, learn how to change the strings and then let the shop fix the action. I'm not even very good with action. Someone else probably has better advice, but this is what I would do.
Dimebag went rhrough medicals chool?

Who thE **** is Dr Dimebag?>?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Wouldn't normal strings have done just as well? Or are these strings magical because some greedy executive decided to stamp a dead, some would say mediocre at best, guitarist's name on the box? Just curious, can your strings do things my Earnie Balls can't? Like say, tune themselves? Why pay more because it says "dimebag darrell" on the box, you ain't playing the box. Just because they say Dimensg on them, doesn't mean he played, or even approved them. Just look at Dean Guitars, SD Dimebuckers, etc, etc.

/rant on buying things because they have Dimebag in the name.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 11, 2010,
They're really exactly the same as any other string. Hex core wire with nickel-plated steel wrap is pretty standard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've used DR strings for years, won't put another string on a guitar. Just my personal preference, they seem to last longer and hold their tone. I use the dimebag gauge on three of my guitars, i like them. Try them out for yourself, don't let marketing pick your strings.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Cool thread bro!!!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I really cant try before I buy because there arent any good guitar shops around my area. So I just chose random strings. I chose these because of dimebag really, Im really new, but from what I understand is, that for a product to be signature, it would have to bwe approved by the person. And I dont think dimebag would allow crappy strings to have his name on them. And as for the price, I dont really care because, its just 8 bucks, nobody cries fouls on an $8 product (or I wont). The same strings couldve been for 5 bucks without the fancy name, and I wouldve just said "oops, oh well, its just 3 bucks".

But, people who have experience with DR strings, and not jokes about grammar, what can you say about these strings.
There's a good chance dime allowed those strings to bear his name because they paid him a lot of money to do so, and he may have never even once played on those strings. It could just be a pack of his favorite gauge strings that DR slapped his name on to make a buck.

I've never used then personally. I usually just use ernie ball slinky's.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
There's a good chance dime allowed those strings to bear his name because they paid him a lot of money to do so, and he may have never even once played on those strings. It could just be a pack of his favorite gauge strings that DR slapped his name on to make a buck.

I've never used then personally. I usually just use ernie ball slinky's.

according to his tech a while back he stated that darrell used DR strings before he had his own, which coincides with your statement "It could be just a pack of his favorite gauge strings..." also Dime used La Bella strings before he went to DR.

Back to topic, I used to use D' Addario strings but they kept going out of tune with the Floyd and during really large bends, so I switched to these and they don't ever go out of tune with either bends or whammy bar abuse. It's up to you, yes you can say they are average nickle-plated hex core strings, but if you find a difference in them thats your opinion. I like them so just give'em a try.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by bustapr
I really cant try before I buy because there arent any good guitar shops around my area. So I just chose random strings. I chose these because of dimebag really, Im really new, but from what I understand is, that for a product to be signature, it would have to bwe approved by the person. And I dont think dimebag would allow crappy strings to have his name on them. And as for the price, I dont really care because, its just 8 bucks, nobody cries fouls on an $8 product (or I wont). The same strings couldve been for 5 bucks without the fancy name, and I wouldve just said "oops, oh well, its just 3 bucks".

But, people who have experience with DR strings, and not jokes about grammar, what can you say about these strings.

Why not, his name is already all over crappy guitars, pedals, and pickups.
You do realize he's dead right? His family control the rights to his name now. And from the looks of things, they'll sign it to anybody with a suit and a fistful of dollars.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by VanTheKraut
Why not, his name is already all over crappy guitars, pedals, and pickups.
You do realize he's dead right? His family control the rights to his name now. And from the looks of things, they'll sign it to anybody with a suit and a fistful of dollars.

Would you honestly do any different?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's