well, lately i've grown excessively tired of my guitar cable, its a great cable don't get me wrong, but it limits me. so, i'm looking for a decent wireless system! preferably as cheap as i can get, i do have a budget you know, but i want it to work and not cut out all the time.

recently i've had my eye on a Nady UHF-4( http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-UHF4-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=583377) , because well its only 100 bucks and it has great reviews, but does anyone else have any ideas?
Cheap and wireless do not coincide... expect mucho tone loss
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
My advice, get a longer lead.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Are you playing stadiums nowdays or what?
I have a line 6 X2 Wireless system, and it is a huge advantage to have. I no longer have to worry about stepping on my cables, or having my other guitarist step on them. Being a metal band that moves around quite a bit and interacts with the crowd, a wireless system is invaluable.
I found my system on ebay for around $170 USD.
I haven't heard any tone loss on my system, even at cranked volumes. The range is incredible, and I can't imagine using all of it. I can get across the entire stage and down into the crowd without any interference. I'd recommend this wireless system greatly.
My Guitars:
Jackson King V
Jackson RR
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5fr
Halo Helfire
B.C. Rich NT Beast
haha no i'm not playing stadiums, i wish, i'm just an active guitarist and i need something thats going to get me wire free. and yes i do care about my tone, but would the one i posted work? that nady? i'm trying to find a review for it somewhere...ii'm just new to all this and need some assistance!
Try going to a few local music stores and trying all that they have. I would personally never ever send my signal through the air like that.

Look especially for destruction of any certain frequency, pick attack being dulled down, loss of that jangle you hold so dear.

And make sure you have a regular cable nearby to compare it to!
Adding on to this ^

Tone > Convenience

I do hear, though, that line 6 has a new wireless unit thats like around $600? My brother briefly mentioned it to me, so im not sure of the details.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
A really high-end wireless system is going to be comparable to a good lead. That being said, a cheap wireless system is going to sacrifice tone for mobility. I'd suggest, if you're just playing at home, don't bother. Spend the money on a new pedal or something.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
A really high-end wireless system is going to be comparable to a good lead. That being said, a cheap wireless system is going to sacrifice tone for mobility. I'd suggest, if you're just playing at home, don't bother. Spend the money on a new pedal or something.

+1, sir.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Adding on to this ^

Tone > Convenience

I do hear, though, that line 6 has a new wireless unit thats like around $600? My brother briefly mentioned it to me, so im not sure of the details.

Yah, and if I had .6 THOUSAND dollars to spend on a wireless unit, I would simply splurge on hookers and cocaine.

Everyone sounds better with hookers and cocaine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Yah, and if I had .6 THOUSAND dollars to spend on a wireless unit, I would simply splurge on hookers and cocaine.

Everyone sounds better with hookers and cocaine.

Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1

Got Djent?
i found one from line6 for 299, that's about the top of my budget, i'll check the music stores but i live in the middle of nowhere, so i don't even know if they would have such a system.

and yes i do like my tone, but i don't think it could cut away too much could it? and when in doubt just change EQ knobs to match what you previously had.
Lot of cheap wireless systems cuts high freqs and high mids. so all you get is mud.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Generally under $500 = audible tone loss.
It's really NOT worth the minor convenience. Wait til you actually make an annual salary out of your bands music, then go for it.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
+1 to the line 6 x2 system. Range is unreal, I can walk all the way to the back of the venue, and I have never had a single drop out or interference. I've used it at about a dozen shows now in all sorts of small-med-large sized venues. I cannot imagine living without it now.

Plus it's relatively inexpensive, and sounds killer!
Line 6 has a new series of wireless systems out: the g30, g50 and g90. These are supposed to use a unique way of sending the signal so as to not get any interference. I'm thinking of buying either the g30 or g50, which go for $300 and $400 respectively on musician's friend. I'd highly recommend giving these a shot.
Line 6's rack wireless is known to be great.

Sennheiser's wireless are also amazing, I've been using a G2 for years now. No problems and no tone loss.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
I've owned two (relatively) cheap wirelesses - a $200.00 Audio Technica VHF, and currently a Sennheiser UHF unit. Both were pretty good but...

The Audio Technica had problems with the non-standard cable breaking, plus the receiver died within a year. The Sennheiser Freeport is a much better wireless IMHO, more range, better sound, much clearer. I'm currently planning to get all my stage straps outfitted with transmitters for it.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by xxjshecklerxx
well, lately i've grown excessively tired of my guitar cable, its a great cable don't get me wrong, but it limits me. so, i'm looking for a decent wireless system! preferably as cheap as i can get, i do have a budget you know, but i want it to work and not cut out all the time.

recently i've had my eye on a Nady UHF-4( http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-UHF4-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=583377) , because well its only 100 bucks and it has great reviews, but does anyone else have any ideas?

Don't bother with that unit...go at least with the Line6 units out there...but that unit linked above gave me nothing but issues from day one even in a controlled recording studio where I don't go anywhere past 20 feet away from the antenna.

Wireless in the $500 and less are not worth it IMO.
If you're playing at a decent gig live, get a wireless system, If there's one thing i hate is bands who are on leads etc and all they can do is stand there like robots because their limited to it by their leads,

I'd rather sacrafice a bit of tone for them to be able to move around on stage and put on a way better show

If You're playing at home, tone is everything,

If you're playing live, tone isn't everything, Sounding good is, but putting on a decent show is also good.
The audience doesn't care about a tone loss. It's about putting on a good show, not having solid gold tones. Correct me if I am wrong. Now if it's to mess around during band practice, then buy a pedal or something.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
well, idk, i just hate being restricted by a cable, but i guess i'll just save up and get something that i know is going to last and work well. if i do get some cash soon what one would you guys recommend? price is not a factor, just the best thing i can get my hands on.
guitar effects chain:
Head-cab-guitar-hands <---- how it should be!

gear:
Synyster Custom
PRS Torero
ISP decimator g string noise reduction
Marshall JVM210h