How do I get a reverse effect like in the solos in Dig by Incubus or Give it Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers? Is it an effect made in the studio or is it in a pedal that I can use live? I've tried the reverse effect on the Boss DD-7 but i don't want the delay after it. I'm just looking for the note that I play on the guitar to be played backwards once. Is there a pedal that can do that?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Reverse? Just sounds like a volume pedal and they're fading in the notes
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
that's probably it.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
Actually, that I know of, this is tape reversal. It's mainly a studio process, as I've never seen it done without a DD7. The notes are recorded, and then reversed. You used to have to record it on tape, play the tape backwards while recording again, and go from there. Now you just record to a track, play is in reverse, and layer it on.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Actually, that I know of, this is tape reversal. It's mainly a studio process, as I've never seen it done without a DD7. The notes are recorded, and then reversed. You used to have to record it on tape, play the tape backwards while recording again, and go from there. Now you just record to a track, play is in reverse, and layer it on.

that's what i figured. it was a studio trick. i'm hoping to find a way to do that live. a volume pedal would probably work i think.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
I can mimic something close to this with my t.c. electronic nova repeater. I hit the "kill dry" button, turn the feedback to minimum (one repeat), turn the mix all the way up, quater note partition, and then set the delay time to the minimum so that the reversed note is as close in time to my original note as possible. It's not perfect, but it works.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
i use a volume pedal and i get pretty close. i hit a note and swell it in and then cut it off abruptly. the cutoff part is key, since that mimics the reverse of the initial attack.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i use a volume pedal and i get pretty close. i hit a note and swell it in and then cut it off abruptly. the cutoff part is key, since that mimics the reverse of the initial attack.

thats what i was thinking. i was hoping to find a demonstration of that technique on youtube but couldn't find anything. but hearing if from someone who owns one and can do it is good. thanks.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
I get reverse sound minus the delay repeats when using the reverse mode on my reverb.
what reverb do you have?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
If you dont want delay on the reverse function of the dd7 just turn the level all the way up, and the delay time and feedback all the way down.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I've got the cheap Digitech X series reverb. I think their Hardwire reverb has it as well. I ABed it with a Marshall Reflector (also had reverse reverb) and it was the same sound, I just prefered the tone of the digitech for whatever reason.

I also set the level all the way up. It seems to cut the original note out of the mix for whatever weird reason. I always thought it was cool and now I can use it for my new amp that doesn't have reverb.