ive had my eyes on two fender amps. which one do you guys perfer? the deluxe 90 or the blues jr.
i play punk rock, like green day blink 182 etc.
i also play some worship/ clean stuff and some but very little jazz

thx
phil
The two are very differently voiced. The Deluxe is going to be a lot cleaner, shinier, and glassier. The Blues Jr. is grittier, and has a lot more lower end.

I have Blues Jr. and love it, but personally you have to choose.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
so are you saying the blues jr is better for punk rock? also would a marshall valvestate be better for my style?
The blues junior is great for a naturally overdriven sound (the old fashioned way) there is no drive channel. To overload it you can keep the master knob low, and the volume knob high.

I would alway keep a good overdrive pedal handy In case the natural, very bluesy overdrive sound isn't enough.

It does have an amazing amount of sound for 15 watts.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Classic punk is a Fender Twin turned up until your ears bleed, ie. power tube breakup. The Deluxe can't do the same thing. The Blues Jnr will get you pretty close, just crank that sucker
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 11, 2010,
Quote by what711now
is a 30 watt tube amp enough to hear over drums etc?

Depends maninly on the drummer and the specific amp. It'll Definately get over them, if he's a very aggressive drummer it might not be 100% clean. Ofc it varies depending on a lot of factors...