The Schoenberg Automaton (Super Techy Math/Death/Whatevercore

http://www.myspace.com/theschoenbergautomaton

Shayne (Guitarist) from Empyrean, Nelson (Drummer) from Function Cease, Zimi (Bassist) and Col (Vocalist) from Cross The Lips of Grace.

Amazing technical stuff. All recorded in Shayne's home studio, and the new stuff is sounding even better.

I'm sure someone will get a kick out of this shit.
The production on that is so good!

Sounds pretty good actually. Do they have any releases?
why do you call it the schoenberg automaton? It doesn't sound very serialist/12-tone.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by andyscoot
^ He didn't call it anything...

that's the name of the band.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
I was waiting for some overly tech brain drill style stuff.

I got kinda bored of this really quick =\
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
meh, that was pretty boring.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Oh shit this production is to die for.

Not nearly as chaotic as they make themselves out to be, but it's still some good stuff.
Nothing like schoenberg, except the dissonance - which almost every metal band uses.
The time signatures seem forced in the first song - and that song is just crap overall imo.

The next songs are better, but the vocals ruin it. They should add some effect that makes them sound like a robot or something to them

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Band just put up a new instrumental demo, of my favourite of the new songs.
http://www.box.net/shared/3ij95uerae

So gooooood. Ending breakdown is baby punchin' music.
Better than the previous shit, still not that great though
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I'm not going to listen to this band because:
1. The band name has over ten letters.
2. The genre labeled involved the letters 'math', 'super' and 'core'.
3. Magero...
Quote by Magero

So gooooood. Ending breakdown is baby punchin' music.

4. 90% of tech. death is boring as shit.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

i know who shoenberg is
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by metallicafan616
Nothing like schoenberg, except the dissonance - which almost every metal band uses.
The time signatures seem forced in the first song - and that song is just crap overall imo.

The next songs are better, but the vocals ruin it. They should add some effect that makes them sound like a robot or something to them

You don't hear the faceless influence at all ? It's everywhere in "when are we in a cube".
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Production is great, sounds really cool sometimes, but they aren't breaking much new ground or improving a formula. Lots and lots of potential nonetheless.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I've taken that link down for the demo track down the moment - vocals are being recorded this week and then it's off to be mixed with my friend Darren (http://www.myspace.com/bleedingskies1).

Our first gig is in November in Brisbane. We also have Canberra and Wagga Wagga lined up for late January 2011.
Feel free to add the facebook if you want to be kept up to date.

http://www.facebook.com/TheSchoenbergAutomaton

Thanks again
Quote by Matezma
Not bad. Anyone else hear The Faceless' influence on the 2nd one?

Honestly i can hear The Faceless influence in all of it. I'm looking forward to watching these guys play in November, it'll be interesting to see if they can bring the crisp tight sound to the live show.

Good job guys
Where are we in a cube is pretty ****in cool, even though the introduction isn't all that interesting. At first everything kinda seems disjoint and unrelated but they bring it together at the end pretty cleverly, at least I thought it was clever. If you listened to it like once, give it a few more tries, they've got a great sense of rhythm. The other two songs on the album I don't listen to as much, still quality stuff though. Looking forward to their next album 'Vela'.