I got this pedal almost a week ago... and I'm in love. It almost gives me a John Petrucci (low end of course) tone. Where when I power chord it, it sounds monster but on the same setting I can do a full chord and you can hear every note. Leads are semi-strong. Which is where my problem lies... I think it needs a bit more punch with it... I'm using a 9v with it, would using an 18 solve this problem? If not, then what's a pedal that would compliment this and give me that punch I'm looking for? Thanks.
Running 18v through and OCD tends to give you some more oomph as well as clear up the muddiness. Of course, you could always stack another overdrive pedal on top of the OCD to fatten it up for leads.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Running 18v through and OCD tends to give you some more oomph as well as clear up the muddiness. Of course, you could always stack another overdrive pedal on top of the OCD to fatten it up for leads.

Both of which I am considering. I'm dumb though because I had it with me when I went to GC and didn't bring it in and test out an 18. -_-

What type of overdrive would give me what I'm looking for is what I'm really wondering?

http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-overdrive-pedals-c-602_6/voodoo-lab-sparkle-drive-overdrive-boost-pedal-p-553

That seems like a great compliment...
Last edited by fob12 at Jun 11, 2010,